“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

So, with the “legs” ending and starting here in Benoa, last night there was another big ‘do at a fancy hotel (brain-fart, I’m blanking on the name of the property).  It was all going nicely, cocktails, Indonesian buffet, and entertainment.  Here’s video, but isn’t it always awkward to go to a nice event and find that somebody there is dressed the same as you are?   😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyway, as I said, it was all going nicely, then….Mother Nature decided to assert herself.  Lightning, huge crashes of thunder, and the heavens opened up - a “frog-strangler” as Andy Griffith would have said, back in the day. Of course it was all covered, but covers have seams, and besides, it was blowing in horizontally too.  The poor guy at the large open grill (in the background), doing his satays, was caught completely off guard.  Pretty messy, but we all somehow soldiered on.  (the peanut sauce for those satays was remarkable - really dark and rich)

• Like 4

….an adorable little girl off to the side, dressed to the hilt for Ramadan (which started several days ago), who wanted to go dance with them, and otherwise wanted to get into most anything & everything around.  She’s gonna be trouble, I betcha, at least I hope so.  Really rocked the pink sneakers.  

258D1583-1892-49E4-BFBE-FEDD6BDEB1A4.thumb.jpeg.a356d6ce9ebbdb7155f568a236b629d4.jpeg

EC17ED1F-E6FA-43A0-BD5D-F5147E752251.thumb.jpeg.65f3bdd82a6353224aed2b90504236b7.jpeg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, shark b8 said:

….an adorable little girl off to the side, dressed to the hilt for Ramadan (which started several days ago), who wanted to go dance with them, and otherwise wanted to get into most anything & everything around.  She’s gonna be trouble, I betcha, at least I hope so.  Really rocked the pink sneakers.  

Totally agree, she is completely adorable.

...and yep, you got me, must admit I scoured the photo of the dancers wondering what I was missing😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since our arrival in Indonesia, there have been several instances along the way, where short local/ethnic music and dance have been presented for us.  At the Trowulan sites, these 12 year old girls danced….and the little sweetie at left was utterly entranced. 

• Like 3

Aaaaaaaand….well, we’ve all been there.  The more remote the location, the less “elegance” one can expect to find.  I understood maybe 10-12 words our guide said, throughout the day.  The A/C on our bus spurted water out of the ceiling vents on 5-6 seats.  (yes, I hear you say, “hey, at least you had a/c”, which is exactly correct, not always the case).  It was horribly hot, I think I do better on cold-cruises rather than hot-ones, but here we are.  And, no surprise, the facilities were, um, modest. 

89FFB43B-454A-46BE-827B-B8D5D9E1304B.thumb.jpeg.825e48641ebc66e550a08d99cfb287e3.jpeg

D4B64501-1216-4B7F-ADA3-9B038218F046.thumb.jpeg.a45b85dee7c4f735541848b5a6597e13.jpeg

• Like 1