Unlimited dining questions

So we decided to buy the unlimited dining pkg for Radiance cruise. 
I was told by agent that we can’t make the reservations for each dinner until we get on the ship. Is this correct? Also where do you go to make those reservations?

Final question; anyone here book that pkg on a past cruise? Wondering if anyone has tips.

Thank you!

As soon as you board, go to any restaurant and make reservations for your entire cruise. The reservation system is all connected. A tip would be to figure out where you wish to dine and what night and time in advance, and write it down, so you can just give it to the reservation person. Radiance has a lot of nice restaurants for a ship of its size. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

As soon as you board, go to any restaurant and make reservations for your entire cruise. The reservation system is all connected. A tip would be to figure out where you wish to dine and what night and time in advance, and write it down, so you can just give it to the reservation person. Radiance has a lot of nice restaurants for a ship of its size. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

I read in here, a while back, that with the "Unlimited Dining Package" there is a couple of venues, maybe it was Izumi, that still has an upcharge.  Did you ask your agent and/or did he/she discuss that with you?  If not, I'd check it out with your agent or look for it in RCCL's website, so your don't get a bigtime unexpected surprise.  

I could be totally wrong and misremembering something.  But, it's worth checking out just in case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I read in here, a while back, that with the "Unlimited Dining Package" there is a couple of venues, maybe it was Izumi, that still has an upcharge.  Did you ask your agent and/or did he/she discuss that with you?  If not, I'd check it out with your agent or look for it in RCCL's website, so your don't get a bigtime unexpected surprise.  

I could be totally wrong and misremembering something.  But, it's worth checking out just in case.

Again, if I'm misremembering something, I'm sorry if it created any anxiety.  I'm sure someone will come in here and set the record straight with facts.  I hope so, anyway.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Radiance does not have the Izumi Hibachi area with an upcharge. We like Izumi on Radiance; they have the Hot Rock or did.  And their Samba Grill was great. Just don't fill up on the salad bar/. 

And silly. For ships that have the Hibachi venue, it is a $10.00 upcharge. Not bigtime at all. 🙄

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1