Aruba - Time Change?

douggw

Anyone who has been on Carnival to Aruba, does the ship change times?

I assumed, like many cruises, it does not and remains Florida time.  From what I've been able to tell, this would be 1 hour ahead of Florida time.  We are to be in Aruba from 9am-10pm - so that would be ship time, right?  Aruba time would be 10am-11pm?  Or so I thought.

I went to book an all day excursion from a local tour operator and it starts at 9am Aruba time.  I thought i would miss the first hour and they said due to Daylights Savings Time, it would actually be 10am Aruba time and I'd miss two hours.

Then I talked to another tour operator who had a tour also starting at 9am said they checked with the "port authorities" and the ships 9am arrival time is Aruba time.

So I'm very confused.  I have three different times here.  Florida +1 hour, Florida +2 hours, and 9am Aruba time.  

I think it's Florida +1, but then again, I never was good with numbers.

Carnival doesn't change ship time to port time unless there's a reason the captain needs to do so.  So you'll be on Florida time.  But independent excursions may not adjust so double check with them.  Aruba is currently 1 hour ahead of FL.  So you will dock at 10AM Aruba time.  Probably not off the ship until 10:30 Aruba.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Carnival doesn't change ship time to port time unless there's a reason the captain needs to do so.  So you'll be on Florida time.  But independent excursions may not adjust so double check with them.  Aruba is currently 1 hour ahead of FL.  So you will dock at 10AM Aruba time.  Probably not off the ship until 10:30 Aruba.

That's what a was thinking. But then one tour operator told me the "Port Authority" says we dock at 9am Aruba time........so thank you for confirming.

• 2 weeks later...

This may help you https://www.arubaports.com/main/cruiseship-schedules/

Last month on Odyssey of the Seas we were scheduled (via Royal Caribbean) to port in Aruba 8am-11:59pm. While there was a 1 hour time difference between FL time and Aruba time and the ship always stayed on FL time....the Aruba schedule shows us as scheduled in port 8am-11:59pm.