Need advice for Houston-Galveston transportation

My soon to be Hubby and I are going to be going on the Conquest in June. We are flying in to Hobby at 8:10 AM on the day of our cruise. We have to get from Hobby to Galveston, but don't know the best way to do it. Here are our options... I would LOVE any input y'all can give us.

1. Carnival transfers

2. NRGD Transportation - Sedan for 110.00 or Limo for 150.00 (all one-way)

3. Ryoal Carriages Limo - Sedan for 130.00 (one way)

4. Spacetown Limo - Sedan for $105.00 (one way)

5. Enterprise Rental - are there any hidden fees? I think I've heard something about a $40 drop off fee?

Do y'all know anything about any of these companies? Thank you so much in advance

Port of call forums and search on "Galveston transport" you will be able to read tons of information from all that have questioned and answered.

You will save yourself time by learning which forums to post in (ports of call, pre and post cruise hotel, etc) and learning to use the search function.

Then you are always welcome to ask that elusive question that nobody has asked.... today.;)

Have a great cruise!

My soon to be Hubby and I are going to be going on the Conquest in June. We are flying in to Hobby at 8:10 AM on the day of our cruise. We have to get from Hobby to Galveston, but don't know the best way to do it. Here are our options... I would LOVE any input y'all can give us.

1. Carnival transfers

2. NRGD Transportation - Sedan for 110.00 or Limo for 150.00 (all one-way)

3. Ryoal Carriages Limo - Sedan for 130.00 (one way)

4. Spacetown Limo - Sedan for $105.00 (one way)

5. Enterprise Rental - are there any hidden fees? I think I've heard something about a $40 drop off fee?

Do y'all know anything about any of these companies? Thank you so much in advance

When we went on the Elation last August out of Galveston, we took the Carnival Transfers. They were much cheaper than what you have above. Personally I didnt have any problem with it. It was run very smoothly.

We used Mr. L. J. from Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle to pick us up and take us to Hobby for our return flight. WOW!! He is wonderful!! $125.00 for a van( 9 :D persons) and uhaul to haul all our luggage. I highly recommend him. He entertained us the whole way to Hobby!!

I also recommended him to 2 friends who cruised in Jan. and his price was very reasonable for 2 persons so give him a call. He picked them up at Hobby pre and post cruise.

L. J. Cormier

Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle

Houston, Texas

281 443 4430

MrLee - It depends on which airport. Interncontinental (IAH) will be closer to an hour and a half. Hobby (HOU) is about 45 minutes.

Bummer, apparently I am flying into IAH. Oh well, I land around 11:30 so I should have plenty of time. Unfortunately I'll probably get there at the busiest time.

we just returned from sailing on the Elation 2/20-2/25.

Carnival transfers are $33 per person each way.

We used Galveston Limo service 800-640-4826 (actually just shuttle/tour buses). Price was a bit lower than Carnival - $30 per person each way unless you bought the round trip for $50 per person.

We flew into Hobby the day before and rented a car from Enterprise so we could do some sightseeing and yes, there was (suppose to be) a drop off charge. Rental was $26 (with tax and fees) for a Dodge Neon, $40 drop off fee and we put $13 worth of gas in it. We lucked out on the drop off fee - there were scores of folks waiting for cars at Enterprise so they did not charge us, but we just hit it at the right time.

Happy Sailing!!

Archived