Medical sharps container?

CruiserN1

Coming up on our first HAL cruise in March and wondering if they provide a medical sharps container for disposal of insulin needles. We have mostly sailed Celebrity in the past and was able to email the special needs department to request one for our stateroom. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can do the same for this cruise?

2 hours ago, FOPMan said:

yes. you can either email or ask your cabin attendant.

Another option is call guest services (800-541-1576 or 206-626-8602). My wife and i do this and the sharps container is in our room when we get there. They will also offer to store meds that need refrigeration as they don't recommend using the mini fridge. We have never had a problem using the mini fridge on small cruises but would take up their offer of storage on longer cruises.

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be a little "door hanger" which list various typical "first day requests" : like, sharps container, seperate or put together the beds, how often do you want ice, and several other requests.  you just check them off and leave it for your cabin steward ( if he/she is not around).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueexpedition29 said:

When you arrive in your cabin, there will be a little "door hanger" which list various typical "first day requests" : like, sharps container, seperate or put together the beds, how often do you want ice, and several other requests.  you just check them off and leave it for your cabin steward ( if he/she is not around).  

Exactly what we had on N Statendam last Sept/Oct. That evening we had a sharps container in our bathroom.