Which way do interior rooms open?

jonb7

I'd like to book a combination of exterior and interior room across the hall on the Carnival Pride, like a suite on the Empress deck and one of the 4C rooms across the hall, but the deckplan doesn't show which way the 4C rooms open - port or starboard? Same question for the 8G/4D rooms on the Verandah deck. Anyone know?

I'd like to book a combination of exterior and interior room across the hall on the Carnival Pride, like a suite on the Empress deck and one of the 4C rooms across the hall, but the deckplan doesn't show which way the 4C rooms open - port or starboard? Same question for the 8G/4D rooms on the Verandah deck. Anyone know?

Can't answer regarding other ships, but the doors of the interior cabins on the Destiny open into the room. Actually, I don't recall seeing any cabin doors that open into the hallway.

Ok, just looked at the deck plans for the Pride. Now I see which cabins you are referring to. Interesting question. I'm sure somebody here has an answer.

Kind of confused about your post.

However, you can get an oceanview/balcony with an inside directly across the hall.

What are you trying to accomplish? Kids in an inside across from you and DH in an OV or Balc?

Check the cabin numbers. Most will open to the starboard side. Odd numbered cabins will open towards odd numbered cabins and even numbered cabins will open towards even numbered cabins. All of the inside cabins that are in a row by themselves (not backing up to another cabin) are odd numbered so they will open towards the odd numbered cabins on the starboard side.

Kind of confused about your post.

However, you can get an oceanview/balcony with an inside directly across the hall.

What are you trying to accomplish? Kids in an inside across from you and DH in an OV or Balc?

I thought it was kind of strange also but then I looked at the deck plans for the Pride.

On the Panorama deck there are three cabins that look like an island. It's really weird.

Just came back and read HeidiHo's post. That makes sense!!

Maybe if the question is rephrased it will make more sense.

Instead of which way do the interior doors open?

(Which implies, do the doors swing out of the room into the hallway, or into the room itself? Which I don't think is what the OP is asking).

try:

Are the doors to the inside cabins (across from the suites) on the port side hallway, or on the starboard side hallway?

They want to book a suite and an inside directly across from each other.

If they book the suite on the port side, and the inside room across from it's door opens on the starboard side hallway, then they have to run around to the other side of the ship. The doors need to open in the same hallway.

Make sense?

Maybe someone whose been in this area on Pride can answer their question.

CJW;)

Any odd cabin number door is on the starboard side.

Any even cabin number door opens on the port side.

I'm realizing this because, the other situation that I can remember of this is on the Fantasy class Verandah deck (cabins in the middle of two halls).

They are all even numbers, and I specifially remember all the doors located on the port hall.

Then if you look at any cabins forward or aft on a ship (at least the ones I just looked at really quickly), they are all odd numbers on the starboard side, up to right before the exact center, then they immediately switch to even numbers as soon as it becomes port.

CCers unite!

Mystery solved (I think;) )

Curt Jerome Wild

looking at the deck plan-- the balcony cabins and the inside cabins that are across the hall will open towards each other.

ex on the veranda deck cabin 7229 will open facing 7231

Odd facing odd-

They open up, as in "This is the police - open up!" :D

Seriously, the odd numbers should be on the port side. I work on airplanes, and all numbering starts on the outboard left side. So on a 747, engine #1 is the farthest out on the left wing.

Even works with part numbers. A51B35000-1 port horizontal stabilizer, A51B35000-2 starboard stabilizer. Extra points for anyone who can tell me what airplane these are from.

My post has absolutley nothing to do with the original post, but I'm a bit bored here at work and didn't feel like adding stoopid comments to the "worst cruise ever" thread.

.I will understand if you are taking your time.Thanks

taking my time?? slwoer then a turtle. lol sorry-- the man has been away for some manager meeting in tennessee and has left me alone. He will get it up this weekend but then you will be gone..

anything particular you want to know??

I suggest looking at cruisecal.com to see how many ships are inport in costa maya to detemine if you will be going elsewhere.

taking my time?? slwoer then a turtle. lol sorry-- the man has been away for some manager meeting in tennessee and has left me alone. He will get it up this weekend but then you will be gone..

anything particular you want to know??

I suggest looking at cruisecal.com to see how many ships are inport in costa maya to detemine if you will be going elsewhere.

Nothing really I need to know just love to read the reviews.Thanks for taking thetime to read and reply.

Archived