NZeTa App Experiencing Network Issues

WEGL81

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On Monday (8th) I got my NZeTA approved within minutes after completing  the app.   30 Minutes later got the Pending email response for husband's NZeTA request and as of today (56 hours later) his is still pending.  Did check status on the web site which showed  pending. 

Guess we will be cancelling our cruise if still pending by next week.  I would hope that we get a "declined" email so we know we stand.  We both got the AUeTA  approval with minutes of submitting the info through the app.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, was able to get our New Zealand ETA. For weeks now we kept getting errors messages with the phone app. Switched to the on-line version and got it to work. It was slightly more money, but it worked. A small tip that may be of help to those using the on-line application instead of the phone app. You are required to upload a photo. The photo must meet certain size requirements, etc. After several attempts at downloading photos and having them rejected, my DW and I started searching the internet. We found a post that advised turning the flash on when you take the picture. IT WORKED!!! Apparently, the flash will block out any shadows that were causing the photo to be rejected. This is for the photos uploaded to the on-line application NOT the phone app. I have no idea if the same issue arises with the phone app. Good Luck

• 1 month later...

We have downloaded the NZETA app three times on on iPhone and when it is opened an error immediately occurs. Can’t get any further. Today we went online and filled the information there uploaded a photo and within minutes had the email approving the NZ ETA. THE email reminded us that we need to fill out the Visa card on the plane. Both DH and I are set to go for our February 2024 cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wdrl said:

THE email reminded us that we need to fill out the Visa card on the plane. Both DH and I are set to go for our February 2024 cruise. 

We are in the process of replacing the card with an online form. Hoping the new system will be up and running smoothly by the time you arrive.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new-zealand-traveller-declaration-to-replace-passenger-arrival-cards-from-june/6ZWZZGLSWFHWJLLXLPRJM4D2WA/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

We are in the process of replacing the card with an online form. Hoping the new system will be up and running smoothly by the time you arrive.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new-zealand-traveller-declaration-to-replace-passenger-arrival-cards-from-june/6ZWZZGLSWFHWJLLXLPRJM4D2WA/

Will this be required for someone who is flying Air New Zealand and stopping over in Auckland to change  planes to fly to Sydney.  We have always flown straight into Sydney in past travels.  Thanks

10 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Will this be required for someone who is flying Air New Zealand and stopping over in Auckland to change  planes to fly to Sydney.

I'm not sure. The previous physical cards had a section for passengers in transit. I guess the online form will have similar. However, if you stay airside, you don't actually "enter" NZ, maybe not!  I really don't know.

Thanks for all of the replies.  Hopefully the app will get fixed soon and the card will be available through it and perhaps online for those of us who have broken apps or for those that don’t use smart phones.

After trying for weeks to use the NZeTA  APP, I also switched to the online version. Worked flawlessly. Had the approval with in minutes. 'Round Australia & then NZ - Oct, Nov Dec 2023.

• Like 2