promenade cabin

I'm considering the Mariner for a cruise this November and can get a good price on an promenade view cabin. What are these like? Noisy, too much light? a great sense of a lack of privacy?

It would be for me and my 78 year old mom.

Thanks

If the price is right and you don't care about a view of the ocean, than this is for you! Try for a higher floor--to minimize noise during the parade. Regular promenade traffic shouldn't bother you, noise-wise. Just make sure to close your curtains when dressing--unless you want to put on a show!

I'm booked into a Promanade cabin on the Explorer (leaving 3/12) and I'm pretty excited about it. I've read about them on these boards, and heard nothing but really good comments. Especially if the room is up a little bit. They all say that it's really fun to "people watch" and you don't feel as closed in as you do in a regular inside cabin.

We did the promenade cabin on Explorer. I found it to be better than an inside cabin. As previous posts said I would try for the highest floor to minimize the noise. The only thing that was annoying was on formal nights, the flash from the photographers camera continuously went off. Unless they changed the photographers location from our Feb 2005 cruise. That was the only negative for me about that type of cabin. Everything else about it was just fine. I would do that type of cabin again. Have fun....

We loved ours. Great spot for watching the passing traffic below. My DD and I especially loved critquing the gowns on formal nights from our lofty perch. People in other cabins have to go out of their way to spend some time on the Royal Promenade. People with the atrium cabins get to maximize that experience without even leaving the cabin.

Have been in 5 promenade cabins on all my cruises and have been usually on deck 7, mid ship. No problems at all... even once had deck 6, but that was above the boutique across from cafe promenade, and no noise at all.... only time you will ever hear anything will be during the parades and the view can not be beat since you do not have to worry about people getting in your way or cramp spaces.

Archived