No Discount Policy

cruisePRN

Having read the Travel section of my Sunday newspaper today, I am very confursed.

First I deal with a TA "out of state" she is very good answering phone calls and dealing with problems, so I like her . BUT -she tells me (and this thread tells me) that Celebrity will NOT allow "discounts" "perks" or "gifts" YET in the newspaper there are two local agencies who clearly are doing just that.

One is advertising Celebrity cruises with "FREE shore tours and ON BOARD CREDIT" at a reduced price

The other has been advertising for WEEKS , a 17 DAY tripi n October which includes 2 nights in hotel in Spain, FREE Air, FREE Bus from Miami (at end of cruise) and a 14 day Med/Transatlantic cruise on Century for $1299!!!!

The cat 12 cabin on Century alone is more than that as per Celebs web page

So why can some agencies get away with advertising in print these "perks" while others are having to follow the cruise lines restrictions.

Having read the Travel section of my Sunday newspaper today, I am very confursed.

First I deal with a TA "out of state" she is very good answering phone calls and dealing with problems, so I like her . BUT -she tells me (and this thread tells me) that Celebrity will NOT allow "discounts" "perks" or "gifts" YET in the newspaper there are two local agencies who clearly are doing just that.

One is advertising Celebrity cruises with "FREE shore tours and ON BOARD CREDIT" at a reduced price

The other has been advertising for WEEKS , a 17 DAY tripi n October which includes 2 nights in hotel in Spain, FREE Air, FREE Bus from Miami (at end of cruise) and a 14 day Med/Transatlantic cruise on Century for $1299!!!!

The cat 12 cabin on Century alone is more than that as per Celebs web page

So why can some agencies get away with advertising in print these "perks" while others are having to follow the cruise lines restrictions.

Is it the national travel agency that is based in Connecticut, or the one that is based in NJ? If so, I have dealt with both of them and they seem to be very strict about following by Celebrity's rules. At the same time, their volume with Celebrity allows them to offer slightly lower rates.

One of the agencies was local, two others were advertising locally but appeared to be in another state.

I did call my agent this a.m. think she was "miffed" at me but I was simply drawing attention to the fact that when 3 agencies advertise "freebies" for cruises on Celebity (one of them was a cruise I am already booked on with her at a much higher price) on the same travel page of a state wide newspaper , it must be clear that the ban on discounts is not carved in stone

That some agents can and do offer discounts , and advertise that fact.

I just chekced the Celebrity web site and couldn't find any reference to the above mentioned "Happy Hour" short-notice fares. I tried their search engine and that didn't generate any results either.

I know that the list comes out on Tuesday, but where is it posted?

I just chekced the Celebrity web site and couldn't find any reference to the above mentioned "Happy Hour" short-notice fares. I tried their search engine and that didn't generate any results either.

I know that the list comes out on Tuesday, but where is it posted?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/

Archived