Other then the kid thing, tell me why you prefer to cruise in July and August

donnavb5

Couldn't imagine taveling in the summer time we usually go late Sept. early Oct. We went Early Sept. last year and it was entirly to hot for us, Coultn't imagine June or July YUK! But thats just my Opinion.

I personally would never cruise in those months due to hurricane season, but I hear that the price can be a lot lower during those months so I guess people sometimes go for that very reason. Also a lot of people have set vacations, my sister used to work for a company that closed for 2 weeks in July, so thats when you went on vacation.

We cruise in the summer because it's the easiest time to gather friends together. But one big bonus is that the Caribbean ports are MUCH less crowded because so many ships move to other itineraries during the summer months. We find it much more enjoyable with only a couple of ships in port, rather than during peak season when some of the ports simply cannot comfortably handle the number of ships that they allow.

We no longer have a choice. Well our other week of choice is Christmas week:eek:

We like February. However my dh now has assigned weeks so we are going in July to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick out of NYC.:D

I personally would never cruise in those months due to hurricane season, but I hear that the price can be a lot lower during those months so I guess people sometimes go for that very reason. Also a lot of people have set vacations, my sister used to work for a company that closed for 2 weeks in July, so thats when you went on vacation.

Ah-hah, yet another very popular urban myth. The lower rates have nothing to do with Hurricane season. Hurricane season Runs from June 1 to November 30, and recent history as shown all these months are game for potential big storms. June, July, Early August, Spring break, Christmas and New Year's have sky high rates for one reason and one reason only.. the kids are out of school. January, Feb, some points in March and April, May, September, October, November, and early-to-mid December are usually excellent as far as bargains go. It may fluctuate somewhat from cruise line to cruise line, but not much.

Archived