Has anyone been to the public market?

PammyJeanB

Wondering if anyone's been to the public market in Cozumel. I ordered a map that depicts all of the beaches, stores and restraurants for several blocks and notice a public market about 5 or 6 blocks from the pier. I'm not interested in shopping the "front lines" where the prices are higher, so I'm curious as to what's at this market.

Any advice welcome!:)

If you mean the mercado on 25th and Salas...it is a great experience to just watch all the activity. This is more of a fresh meat, seafood and produce market but there are booths that sell other sundry items...There is also the Artisan Craft at the back ( south) of the plaza where you will find leather goods, silver, clothing, onyx etc.

Wondering if anyone's been to the public market in Cozumel. I ordered a map that depicts all of the beaches, stores and restraurants for several blocks and notice a public market about 5 or 6 blocks from the pier. I'm not interested in shopping the "front lines" where the prices are higher, so I'm curious as to what's at this market.

Any advice welcome!:)

Where did you get the map? We're going to Cozumel for a week in July. I'd love to have a detailed map.

There is a great map at www.cancunmap.com . It has lot of info and tips! It is about $8.00.

This is where I got the map! It's fantastic and it cost only $12 - $8 for the map and $4 for shipping ( I can't remember if I had it expressed)

Oddly enough, you don't pay while online - they just send you, along with your map, a friendly request for payment and only if you want to keep the map.

Archived