YC "Personalization" E-mail

Av8tor

I don't usually request anything, but they sometimes notice what you like and make sure to provide more of that. A couple of examples on separate sailings on Meraviglia, early on one cruise I mentioned that the pears in the fruit basket were delicious. Later that day an entire bowl of pears showed up in my cabin. On another cruise, on the first night I ordered a Manhattan at the Top Sail lounge bar on my way back to my cabin for the night. Every night for the rest of the cruise I had a Manhattan waiting for me in my cabin after turn-down service. That's one of my favorite differences between MSC YC and NCL Haven, MSC will bring a drink to your cabin where NCL butlers have to charge you for that.

I always tell this butler story from the NCL Gem Haven. There were a few of us having drinks in my cabin and the butler asked if he could get us anything. I asked if he could bring us a couple of cheese boards. He agreed and left to get them. It seemed like he was gone for an eternity but when he finally got back he was smiling and waving two chess games and apologizing that it took him a bit to track down the second one. We thanked him and tipped well for the effort, never mentioning the misunderstanding.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, orangemini said:

"I asked if he could bring us a couple of cheese boards. He agreed and left to get them . . . when he finally got back he was smiling and waving two chess games . . ."

In an alternate universe, where chess was invented in Wisconsin, the misunderstanding would not have mattered.

php8YBfJO.jpeg.c8dbdb8946a641dad22bab16775b4159.jpeg

• Haha 2

Anyone have a list of the papers they currently offer?  I like the idea of printing a small list of standing preferences and including our paper preference.

As to the bottle of alcohol, since we get get most drinks delivered (and in fact prefer to go sit in top sail lounge) so we always request a bottle and pack it to take home.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:03 AM, ocdb8r said:

Anyone have a list of the papers they currently offer?  I like the idea of printing a small list of standing preferences and including our paper preference.

As to the bottle of alcohol, since we get get most drinks delivered (and in fact prefer to go sit in top sail lounge) so we always request a bottle and pack it to take home.

US papers offered this week on Seascape were USA Today, Washington Post, New York Post, LA Times & Wall St Journal.  Other countries and corresponding number of paper choices:  Austria 4, Belgium 3, Brazil 5, Canada 4, China 4, France 5, Germany 7, Italy 7, Ireland 3, Mexico 3, Netherlands 4, Portugal 3, Russia 5, Saudi Arabia 5, So Africa 4, Spain 6, Swiss 6,& UK 8.

The papers themselves seem to be like photo copies of the originals and many (if not all) of the USA Today pages we got were cut off at the bottom.  Unfortunately, that meant you "lost" a few lines of text for every column.

Our butler apparently did not get our preferences in advance.  The asst asked what pillows,, paper & booze bottle we wanted.  The butler team never got the special request I had submitted for distilled water either but they did me a liter bottle of water.  The cap was unsealed and there was no label on it, so I hope it actually was distilled water and not just poured from the tap.

For the one bottle of in-room booze, you have your choice of 2 red wines, 2 white wines, 2 bubblies, Absolut or Belvedere vodka, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire gin, Glen Grant scotch or Jack Daniels whiskey.

• Like 1