Has CC made a statement either way...

as to whether they endorse the agencies advertising on the right of the screen or not? Just curious.

I think you would have to define "endorse" they have multiple agencies doing the same thing, I think they would say partner, or sponsor -

someone has to pay the bills around here for all the computer processing/programming/storage...

as to whether they endorse the agencies advertising on the right of the screen or not? Just curious.

Once you click on one of those banners, you're on your own. If you get sr$%$d by one of those sites, CC has nothing to do with it. They are just selling web space.

Once you click on one of those banners, you're on your own. If you get sr$%$d by one of those sites, CC has nothing to do with it. They are just selling web space.

So very true! On the flip side though, if I provided a valuable service to people, there is no way I would allow somw scum bag business advertise on anything of mines. No amount of money is worth the harm that could be done to the good folks who choose to use my service. Afterall, those good folks would be the reason for the existence of my service.

Just my thought!

It looks like Google's adsense, and if it is then CC has no control over what ads appear there from day to day. I wouldn't think there would be any way they could endorse them, or not endorse them for that matter.

I'm well aware I take FULL advantage of their free services here on the boards. And honestly don't mind the ads. But I find it ironic that we can't discuss agencies or TA's, but every "Tom, Dick & Harry Travel Co. "agency from the far flung regions of the earth are pasted down the side. Hmmmmm....:rolleyes:

I don't know that CC actually endorses THIS site...isn't this just Cruise Critic thing and not a CRUISELINE thing? Geocites also have these banners to click when you call up someone's personal website...don't think there is an endorsement there either by the web person. Do ya think?

I don't know that CC actually endorses THIS site...isn't this just Cruise Critic thing and not a CRUISELINE thing?

I think you're confused.... "CC" IS Cruise Critic. If you're thinking Carnival, they're referred to as CCL.;)

(I have no reply to the question originally asked.)

I don't know that CC actually endorses THIS site...isn't this just Cruise Critic thing and not a CRUISELINE thing?

I think you're confused.... "CC" IS Cruise Critic. If you're thinking Carnival, they're referred to as CCL.;)

(I have no reply to

the question originally asked.)

OOOPS...my bad!!!icon11.gif

I believe that they're just selling advertising space. They have to make some $$ to keep this site going. It doesn't bother me any.

Doesn't bother me either. I use Norton Anti Spam and I don't see ads at the top or the side, just blank spaces.

Archived