Wheelchair accessible activities/excursions in Norway fjords ports

too much

If you can manage the steps up a tour bus and you’re using a collapsible/small scooter that can fit under the bus, you can likely go on most excursions. I can’t go upstairs, so its a nonissue for me.

Most city buses are accessible and clean.

The cruise line you will be on may have accessible tours.   If you know what cruise line you are interesed in, you might be able to look at their website for possible accessible tours.   If you can't find information on the cruise line's website, try contacting their Access Department or Shore Excursion Department and ask what their excursions are for their fjord cruises.  Note:   you will get better information once you narrow down your cruise line and date you want to travel. 

Royal Caribbean (Anthen of the Seas) and Celebrity (Apex) both have fjord cruises.  If you want to inquire about the Celebrity excursions, here is their accessible excursion info:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/accessible-shore-excursions

If you are interested in Royal Caribbean, this is their info:   

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/accessible-shore-excursions

Also Holland America (Nieuw Statendam) has fjord cruises.    

From their website:  "For detailed information on accessibility of shore excursions, we strongly recommend contacting our shore excursions reservations department well in advance of embarkation at 1-888-425-9376 (or locally at 206-626-7320)"

Once you have selected your cruise line and date of sailing etc, come back to this board and people can give you more specific information.   You will get better responses once we know what ports you will be visiting.   

(There are also private excursions that people may have had experience with, but we need to know what ports you will be visiting.)

You will love the fjords!   

We did 12 days last summer. I booked all the tours myself. We have found ship tours to be unreliable when it comes to accessibility and limiting to some of the more typical bus tours when they do have them. Here is a link to my port excursion information. 

• Like 1