Seabourn Club Milestone Awards

galeforce9

Having reached around 180 sailed days we are considering cashing in the free one week cruise option.  We were hanging on for the better value two week one but may never get there now as we sail Seabourn on fewer occasions than before.  

The question is what do we have to do?  I understand the free nights might possibly need to be at the same or lower average cost than the sailed days?  How do you know what value this is?  Do we contact seabourn club or is it through a travel agent?   If a cruise has free flights as part of an offer, would we be eligible?

Thank you 

Through the TA is probably best. Tell them you have a Milestone Cruise Award, and would like a quote for a certain cruise (you can have quotes for several  until you settle on one). Seabourn will work out what level to calculate the award at, depending on what level you have sailed the most in. For example, if you have sailed mostly in Penthouse suites it will be at that level, mostly in V1s  then at that level and so on.  Basically it is a discount worth the per diem cost of your chosen cruise at the appropriate level X 7. They will get back to you, through your TA with the discount value. You can then apply that to any level you chose to sail in. The value will vary according to the per diem cost of any given cruise.

I hope that makes sense. I could probably put it more succinctly if I hadn't had half a bottle of wine with our dinner.

Edited by Flamin_June
  • Haha 2

I'm on the 58 day round South America cruise and part of it was paid for using the 7 day milestone cruise.  Once I decided to book this voyage I had my travel agent take care of arranging for the credit. Flamin June is correct that the amount of the credit is based on the category of cabin of the days you sailed to earn the milestone cruise.  In my case my days were while my husband was alive and we always sailed in the Wintergarden Suite, with one exception which was in a Penthouse Spa Suite.  Seabourn calculated the per diem I had paid and multiplied it by 7 before subtracting it from my fare.  It took a little while after booking, but when I was notified of the reduction in price I was quite pleased.  I think the per diem is calculated on the price of the category for which you paid.  So for example if you paid for a V3 but were upgraded to an Owner's suite, your per diem would only be calculated using the cost of the V3.  I didn't want to wait until I qualified for the 14 day cruise, because life is too short and as they say things can happen.  As it stands with cruises I've taken since cruising resumed, I'm well on my way to another milestone, but unfortunately this time as I'm sailing alone the days have been mainly in V4s with a few Penthouse days. I've learned that a Veranda cabin is more than adequate for a solo traveller and that pretty much once I leave my cabin I'm treated no differently from the way I was back in the days I spent in the Wintergarden. If you have the milestone award coming to you and you use a travel agent, I definitely recommend you go for it and let your agent handle the logistics.

• Thanks 2