Carnival Luminosa February 11, 2024 Brisbane to New Caledonia

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, El_Toro_33618 said:

We are from Florida, but scheduled on this cruse as well.  Toying with how to extend our trip and will look at the one that follows this.  

We will be in Albuquerque Memorial Day weekend.  Our son lives and works there.

Great to "meet" folks who know New Mexico. The big issue we are seeing is airfares for this trip!

We had booked a cruise leaving 3/28/2023 from Sydney to New Zealand but cancelled due to masking and other restrictions.  Never actually booked the flight arrangements but they certainly would be more then the cruise fare.  We were seeing travel time of around 22 hours or so and fares of $4000+ for the both of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for hotel near ship terminal and airport for 2 nights in Brisbane before flight back to SFO. Also, one that will work to see some of the area.  Have  been looking but nothing. 

Thanks

• 9 months later...

We’ll be on luminosa for 3 cruises starting feb 4 to beginning of March.  He has mobility issues but we’re looking for ideas of things to see and do while on board and in Brisbane.  I already booked a days Brisbane excursion.  Any other ideas are welcome.  I would love to snorkel.  Anything with stained glass. Ideas welcome

’m an avid ballroom dancer.  My husband is not.  Typical cruise dancing scene is “meh”. Looking to see if there are any leaders traveling on Luminosa in February who might be interested in a dance partner?

On 1/22/2024 at 2:30 AM, RE Guru said:

We’ll be on luminosa for 3 cruises starting feb 4 to beginning of March.  He has mobility issues but we’re looking for ideas of things to see and do while on board and in Brisbane.  I already booked a days Brisbane excursion.  Any other ideas are welcome.  I would love to snorkel.  Anything with stained glass. Ideas welcome

Hi RE Guru. Just had a look at the other cruises you are doing. Great Barrier Reef is a good cruise. Lots to see & experience our tropical north. On our cruise you will have opportunities to snorkel at Mystery Island & Lifou. Not sure how long you have in Brisbane but I would suggest visiting the Gold Coast (about 90 mins drive south from Brisbane City). Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin) again about 90 mins drive north from Brisbane City. In Brisbane itself, South Bank & Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.

Steve. 

Thank you Steve, we’re very exited to see Australia. We did set up a tour for Brisbane and will be going to Gold Coast. I don’t believe that we will get to the zoo but I love animals. My husband suffered a stroke a year and a half ago so he is limited to what he can do. It has always been our dream to go scuba diving as we are certified, at the great barrier reef, but, I will absolutely try to find a place where I can snorkel, and he can enjoy himself above the water. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. 
jane

• 2 weeks later...