Eagle Beach - Can we grab food/drink from Super Food Plaza and bring on beach?

chrisdar1

Will be stopping in Aruba in early April.  For those of you who have done Eagle Beach on your own (bus/taxi), can you grab food and drinks (soft drinks/beers) from the Super Food Plaza and bring on the beach?   Not sure what the policy is, but it looks like it may be cheaper than one of the bars/restaurants located on the beach.

Thanks,

Chris

I’ve stayed in Aruba, so this is from my experience staying there. You can walk from the Super Foods to Eagle Beach, but it is a bit of a distance and you cross a busy road and then walk down a weird road without a sidewalk (at the time there was serious construction on the right due to a new condo, that might be better now). So technically yes, but would i do it again, no. 

On 2/7/2023 at 3:23 PM, AlfSlug said:

I’ve stayed in Aruba, so this is from my experience staying there. You can walk from the Super Foods to Eagle Beach, but it is a bit of a distance and you cross a busy road and then walk down a weird road without a sidewalk (at the time there was serious construction on the right due to a new condo, that might be better now). So technically yes, but would i do it again, no. 

Thanks for the reply!  Appreciate the info.

There's a cut through that has a shorter walk (easy, flat, safe) - see the google map link below.  If you zoom in, you'll see the crosswalk (most drivers will stop for you at the crosswalk - you just have to watch out for the tourists).

There are some restaurants inside Super Food that are good value (we ate at Jack's Cafe a few times when we stayed on the island last summer - Super Food has all the snacks, booze, etc. you'd need for the beach).

The palapas (umbrella structures) towards the northern end are first come/first served and free for use, you would need to rent chairs.  The rest are part of the resort - not sure if they rent to the public - we had our own chairs.

If you have any questions, we'll try to answer them.

https://goo.gl/maps/m2GUz57ZacxptnwS6