Questions about upgrade offers

If you are not getting upgrade offers from your TA booking it is because your TA is not forwarding the offer. 

Booking through a TA is a way to almost guarantee an upSELL offer. Whether or not the offer is forwarded depends on how motivated they are to increase their commission 😜

4 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

Those balconies are hot bring a fan if you like to sleep cool.

I am not sure that you can use your one experience to make blanket statements about every high-floor balcony on every ship on every cruise.  I have never needed a fan.

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I am not sure that you can use your one experience to make blanket statements about every high-floor balcony on every ship on every cruise.  I have never needed a fan.

Not all high floors on all ships. The tenth floor balcony rooms on the Glory are hot. I have been in several different ones along with friends and family members. We all think they have been too hot. Of course that is just our opinion, but I was glad I received the advice to bring a fan or ask for one before staying  a week in a hot room.

1 hour ago, slavigne5577 said:

Not all high floors on all ships. The tenth floor balcony rooms on the Glory are hot. I have been in several different ones along with friends and family members. We all think they have been too hot. Of course that is just our opinion, but I was glad I received the advice to bring a fan or ask for one before staying  a week in a hot room.

The balconies are hot because someone has propped open their balcony door

On 2/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, slavigne5577 said:

Those balconies are hot bring a fan if you like to sleep cool. I will never get a10th floor balcony on Glory again.

I noticed that those balconies do not have any shade on them so they probably get more direct sun  than lower floor balconies that have some shade generated by the balcony above.  

• Like 1

Back in the early 90’s we were trying Carnival for the first time based on a recommendation from a relative. The Legend was leaving from NYC and it would be an easy commute to the pier for us. We (4 couples) decided to try it, but we were skeptical. Long story short, about 2 months before our cruise, DH got a call from Carnival rep, who asked if we, all 8 of us, would like a “free” upgrade from our standard balconies to suites, and the rep needed the answer right away. Since most of us had cruised before, DH said yes. 2 couples were upgraded to the wraparound suites, and the other two couples got the suites on either side of our wraparound suites. We weren’t skeptical after that, and most of us have made many more cruises with Carnival since that time.