train to Florence

cruisin73

Does anyone know of a tour taking the train from Le Spezia to Florence?  I've looked but can't seem to find one.  I'd go on my own except I'm concerned I will miss the train or get on the wrong one when I head back to Le Spezia.

As it is quite a distance from la Spezia to Florence, a good chunk of your time would be lost just travelling there and back whichever way you choose to travel, with or without a tour.

What were you thinking of doing once you arrive in Florence, as entries to some of the top sights need to be pre-booked and you would need to factor in these timings around your travel times.

Only  a thought, but should you want to consider an alternative, there have been a number of recent threads discussing sightseeing options from la Spezia as it is well located for other destinations which are much more easily and quickly reached than Florence.

You could find them easily by using the SEARCH box above, but this is an example of what you would find;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2911139-la-spezia-anything-to-do-within-a-short-drive/#comment-64765017

Edited by edinburgher

22 hours ago, fenton04 said:

We plan to go fo Fenway friday.  Red sox playing Baltimore.  

23 hours ago, cruisin73 said:

Does anyone know of a tour taking the train from Le Spezia to Florence?  I've looked but can't seem to find one.  I'd go on my own except I'm concerned I will miss the train or get on the wrong one when I head back to Le Spezia.

You have to change trains in Pisa. It takes about 2 hours. The last time we took this route our return trip was delayed 5 hours. Fortunately the celebrity Beyond was overnighting.

1 hour ago, Molokai_Traveler said:

You have to change trains in Pisa. It takes about 2 hours. The last time we took this route our return trip was delayed 5 hours. Fortunately the celebrity Beyond was overnighting.

Oh no this is exactly what I'm afraid of.  I also didn't realize you have to switch trains. 

6 hours ago, edinburgher said:

As it is quite a distance from la Spezia to Florence, a good chunk of your time would be lost just travelling there and back whichever way you choose to travel, with or without a tour.

What were you thinking of doing once you arrive in Florence, as entries to some of the top sights need to be pre-booked and you would need to factor in these timings around your travel times.

Only  a thought, but should you want to consider an alternative, there have been a number of recent threads discussing sightseeing options from la Spezia as it is well located for other destinations which are much more easily and quickly reached than Florence.

You could find them easily by using the SEARCH box above, but this is an example of what you would find;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2911139-la-spezia-anything-to-do-within-a-short-drive/#comment-64765017

We just plan to walk along the Arno River and go over the famous bridge over the Arno river.  My plan was to a few jewelry stores and stop for Gelato.  I wasn't planning on going to visit any of the churches or museums.

I'll take your suggestion and check some other threads to get some alternate ideas. 

I'll take your suggestion and check some other threads to get some alternate ideas.

Once you have checked possible alternatives to Florence, you will be able to make an informed decision as to which appeals to you most and would also give you peace of mind.  There are  really no bad choices from la Spezia.