Diamond Princess

rockie

We went to Auckland today to the boat show. As we were crossing the Harbour Bridge I said to hubby, "That looks like a ship at the wharf" NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!!:eek: he said. He hoped. Well, I walked along and there was the Diamond, what a ship. He then went to the boat show while I went and had a good look before going in. It was sailing at 6pm so we hung around to watch her go. My stomach was turning over because I really really really want to go on another cruise already. As we ate our KFC on the way home I pondered on what those people onboard were having for tea and the KFC suddenly didn't do it for me.:(

Now, can anyone tell me if the Diamond is coming to Auckland next summer or the Sapphire. I am determined to go on one of those ships at some stage.:D

We went to Auckland today to the boat show. As we were crossing the Harbour Bridge I said to hubby, "That looks like a ship at the wharf" NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!!:eek: he said. He hoped. Well, I walked along and there was the Diamond, what a ship. He then went to the boat show while I went and had a good look before going in. It was sailing at 6pm so we hung around to watch her go. My stomach was turning over because I really really really want to go on another cruise already. As we ate our KFC on the way home I pondered on what those people onboard were having for tea and the KFC suddenly didn't do it for me.:(

Now, can anyone tell me if the Diamond is coming to Auckland next summer or the Sapphire. I am determined to go on one of those ships at some stage.:D

Just checked the website and Sapphire is back next year.:)

Rockie,

It is the Sapphire next year which is exactly the same ship as Diamond.

They are sister ships. We went on the Sapphire last year from Sydney to Bangkok and had the most wonderful time. we met so many people thru Cruise critic and I am still friends wirh many of them. They are all going on the Diamond from Sydney to san Francisco leaving on Good Friday, They begged for us to go with them but we had already booked to take the kids on the Sun for New years. - cant afford all of them. We then had the Pacific Sky booked for this September taking the children to Asia but this got cancelled.

We now booked 2 weeks ago to do Sapphire from Auckland to Sydney 23/1/2007.

The kids are excited as they never came with us last year and we had the best time on Sapphire.

After going on the Sun in December my DH and I cldn't stop comparing both. Let me tell you Sapphire won in all respects - hence we are going next year. It was actually cheaper for us going on Sapphire next year than waht we paid for the Sun Dec/Jan.

Anything you want to know about the ship just ask away.

narelle

Archived