Hotel for post cruise stay

Worn out mailman

2 hours ago, Worn out mailman said:

Hi folks. 

Now that my sailing is approaching, I've read a number of horrid reviews for my post cruise hotel (Water Club on Isla Verde Beach). Can anyone recommend a hotel at Condado or Isla Verde Beach that is clean and reasonably priced? 

Thanks. 

Look es of Condado proper

On 2/14/2023 at 5:03 PM, Daycare Provider said:

We will be staying at the Courtyard by Mariott in Isle Verde.  This will be our 4th stay.  The taxi ride from the airport is less than 10 minutes away.  The hotel sits on the beach.  The taxi ride to port 15 minutes pending on traffic.

Thanks. I did cancel my reservation at Water Club, and reserved a room at Courtyard. Reading that you reserved here for the 4th time was all the confirmation I need that the place must be okay, so, thank you. 

The only reason I booked a hotel is that I presume they'll watch my suitcase for me until check in time. I'll hang at the beach or pool until then (provided it's a pleasant day). 

Happy cruising. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, Worn out mailman said:

Thanks. I did cancel my reservation at Water Club, and reserved a room at Courtyard. Reading that you reserved here for the 4th time was all the confirmation I need that the place must be okay, so, thank you. 

The only reason I booked a hotel is that I presume they'll watch my suitcase for me until check in time. I'll hang at the beach or pool until then (provided it's a pleasant day). 

Happy cruising. 

How did you like The Courtyard? We are debating between the The COurtyard or Embassy Suites?

1 hour ago, cruzinisgood said:

How did you like The Courtyard? We are debating between the The COurtyard or Embassy Suites?

It was one of the highlights of my vacation. The grounds were so lovely. Beware, tho...at least for me, the setting actually made me WANT to go fancy on my meals, and such. I sat there (mind you, I was traveling solo), eating an expensive filet mignon dinner, watching a young couple's destination wedding a hundred yards in the distance, on the property. Perfect way to end my vacation. Just the one night, just me, eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the property, plus local tax, resort fee and tax on the resort fee....the single night stay cost me $495.00. Even with that, I'll most assuredly choose this property next time I travel through San Juan. I liked it that much. 

The only thing, I couldn't get their Wi-Fi to work on my phone so I couldn't use it to send texts. It did work on my tablet, though. 

I highly recommend this property. 

• Like 1