E-Class Single Staterooms with IV

Eve

Looking for feedback from people who have stayed in a single cabin on an E-class ship.  Is the room comfortable? How is the bed? I know the cabin is tiny but overall would you book it again? It’s considerably less expensive than booking a regular cabin for one person.

I’ve stayed in one twice on the Edge and once on the Apex.  Others reserved for future.  I think they are terrific.  The cabin seems larger with the IV.  Full size bathroom and queen size bed.  Very few drawers, maybe two.  I bring a couple of collapsible packing cubes to put my foldable clothes in which keeps the room neat.  There is a recent thread that includes a video showing this cabin.  I hate to recommend this cabin because it is tough enough to find one available as it is!😀 they book quickly 

I had a reservation for 6221 on the Edge.  Don’t underestimate the incovenience of living out of a suitcase for your cruise, especially if longer than a week.  IMO Since the IV isn’t really a balcony, just a window that opens, for the same money or maybe less, book an ocean view.  Bigger room and actual drawers and shelves for your clothes and other necessities. 

Another thing to keep in mind.  I always book AI, i.e. inclusive of classic alcohol package, wi fi and gratuities.  If you book any cabin as a single other than the true single cabin in the Edge class ships, Celebrity charges you double for that AI package.  There are exceptions but they are few.

Another thing to keep in mind, the single cabins aren't necessarily always cheaper!

I was looking at joining some friends on the Edge over the summer and for some bizarre reason it's only £7 more for 1 person in aqua class than it is for 1 person in a single cabin and the aqua class includes drinks, tips and WiFi! 

Admittedly this is the exception rather than the rule but always worth checking.