Post cruise Miami - Private Tours?

cruisingwkids

We dock on a Friday morning at 9am and our flight does not leave MIA until 7pm. I would really love to spend the day at the Everglades (my kids are just dying to see an alligator) and was going to book the Everglades tour through RCCL. The price through RCCL is $49 for an adult and $39 for a child (total for 2 adults and two kids = $176).

Here's my problem... I looked on the website for Everglades Safari Park, where RCCL takes you, and admission is $20 for an adult, and free for kids under 5 (which both of mine are). I like the convenience of storing your luggage on the tour bus and then getting dropped off at the airport, but is that worth $136?

Are there any private tours that you can take that will store your luggage for you while on the tour bus? Any other suggestions other than renting a car for the day (we will not have car seats for the kids on this trip, and don't want to go the expense of renting them).

Thanks in advance for the advice!

For the price difference you should be able to rent a car for the day. A shuttle will p/u at the port and take you to the car rental location. Most majors are just east of the airport. When you return later in the day the shuttle will take you to the airport.

This map will show you the port and airport

http://members.cox.net/bjokeefe/MiamiMap.doc

I also include the location of Parrot Jungle (ParrotJungle.com) on Watson Island

This is much closer and you would get to see a gator....but it is not the Everglades obviously. But harder to get lost!

And Bayside is a place to find lunch

Another possibility is Miami Metro Zoo...kids would like that too....and pretty easy find.

I lived in Miami for 10 years ... never went to the Ever' Saf Park...

Archived