Excellent service from Customer Service!

AAGF

We sailed on the Sovereign last month, and when the final bill was slipped under the door, there were two charges of $20+change from the Follies Theater - we had not been to any shows or bought the coupon book, so we headed for the purser's desk to find a queue of maybe 100 pissed off people - gave up on it and figured I would eat the $40+change rather than fight the system.

AMEX bill came in yesterday with an "Amenity Charge" of $49.50, and completely forgetting that I had ordered a Tropical Bouquet of flowers for Donna for Valentines Day, I called the 800 number for post-cruise support. A very pleasant woman answered within a minute and I identified myself and asked what the charge was - she asked if I had ordered anything to be delivered to the cabin and the penny dropped. Ooops. Now I remember, so we both had a laugh at that one.

She asked if there was anything else she could do. I said that it was probably too late for anything to be done and explained paragraph 1 as written above. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back and asked a few questions but didn't have access to the copies of the charge slips but would refund one of the charges. I asked if that was all she could do and she talked with her Supervisor who authorised a refund on both the $20+change charges!

Important note - the whole conversation from start to finish was easy-going, humourous and friendly on both sides with me being very positive about our cruise experience. Isn't there a saying about bees and honey somewhere?

Andy

Thanks for sharing. It is not often that folks will take the time to let us know when good things happen. We usually only hear about how bad things are at RCI and their customer service. I have to say that when I have called with questions they have been very friendly and helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little to add to this string:

I forgot to buy the "Cruise in Review" DVD, so went to Image.com to rectify this. They had been revamping their website and I was unable to place an on-line order, so emailed their support line. I had an email back a few minutes later, inviting me to call their toll-free number and Greg would place my order.

A few days later the DVD arrived but was defective, losing video and audio sync., so I emailed Greg, who responded immediately, copying the SS Photo Manager on the Sovereign. Maybe 20 minutes later, received an apologetic email from Robert on the Sovereign, promising to send me a replacement when the Sovereign docked on the 24th March. I received it on the 25th and it works perfectly.

Excellent customer service from both RCI and their Vendor. I emailed the RCI Customer Service director and explained what exemplary service I had received and asked that Greg and Robert be recognized. I had a reply within 15 minutes, thanking me and promising recognition.

What's to complain about with RCI customer Service? Not much that I can see, but there again, "attitude is everything" ...

Back in January I placed an order with Gifts & Gear to have the stateroom decorations & chocolate covered strawberries put in our cabin for our anniversary. Well, about a month after that, we decided to switch to an earlier cruise on a different ship. (It was the same intinerary, but $1200 cheaper!) I called Gifts & Gear after we made the change, just to make sure they had the updated ship/cabin info & to give them the date I wanted the items in the cabin. I was assured everything was up-to-date & we were good to go.

A few weeks later, I was reviewing my credit card bill, and saw my purchase from Gifts & Gear had been refunded. I was never notified by phone or email. I emailed Gifts & Gear to find out why, and was sent an email back stating that the woman I had spoken with wrote in her notes that I called to cancel the order, and there must have been some sort of misunderstanding. I wrote back & told them that not once in our conversation did I ever mention cancelling the order, or even insinuate that I wanted it cancelled. I also told them that I was very upset & would have been even more so had I gotten on the ship & not received the items I ordered because I wasn't notified that they were cancelled. I also mentioned that I was not pleased with the customer service I'd been receiving thus far from RCCL trying to get this cruise organized, and I felt they should reinstate the purchase & not charge me for all my aggravation. I'd had several phone conversations with customer service that were less than pleasant. One started off the conversation by saying "Why do you have such a large refund to your credit card?" Like I was being interrogated. I thought it was quite rude! Anyways, the email I received back from Gifts & Gear said they needed my credit card # to reinstate the order & said "I'm sorry you feel that way. Have a nice cruise". That pissed me off even more! It was like a slap in the face.

A week later (yesterday) I got an email out of the blue from Gifts & Gear stating that my order had been reinstated & paid for, and had a message that said something like "Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice cruise & a happy anniversary". My husband seems to think that the email must have been reviewed by a supervisor after the fact. That little gesture made up for all the aggravation I've been thru. If they had not done that, I probably would have had a sour taste in my mouth the entire cruise, and I love Royal Caribbean! I have never had a problem with them up until trying to plan this cruise. Thankfully they made everything right.

Archived