Capri pants?

nancy M.

Are Capri pants okay to wear in the dining room? Of course I would wear a nice shirt and the Capri pants are nice also. Khacki or white colored. And of course with nice shoes or nice sandals. What do you think?

Nancy

sailing Conquest 6/27/04

My wife has worn them on every cuise in the same manner in which you have described. I would consider them to be resort casual.

carnival.jpg

Tony

2004 Legend March 28th

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

You will look nicer then most in the dining room. Was very surprised about what was allowed last time. I don't have a problem with casual wear... but don't tell me the rules so I think I should adhere to them (and you should) and then see a large majority coming in shorts and t-shirts.

Beach People

Carnival Valor April 3 2005

Golden Princess April 3 2004

Carnival Conquest April 2003

Explorer of the Sea Apr./2001

Ocean Princess October 2000

Oh good. That makes me feel much better about what to wear. Saves me having to buy more clothes. And yes, they are cute and really comfy. Thanks for all the replies.

Nancy

sailing Conquest 6/27/04

Nancy, your outfit sounds just fine for the 'resort casual' nights.

I have to take issue with the poster who said you'll look better than MOST tho. Most is pretty strong. There are clods/jerks on every cruise who will not adhere to dress codes, but the vast majority dress appropriately.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Ok now I am getting a little nervous that I will be over dressed on the formal night. I am wearing a nice long black dress one night and a fun dressy dress on the second night, we also order my finacee a tux through the cruise.

Yes, you should wear what makes you happy on formal night, we just came back from our cruise on the Sensation and there was everything from what i would call "prom" or "Bridesmaids dresses", to shiny disco dresses and everything in between. Just have fum with it, I dressed more formal our first cruise but this one I downed sized and enjoyed it much more (less shoes).

Oh no, my capri pants will not be worn on the formal nights. I had been shopping for days for a nice dress to wear for formal nights. I have a long black one and then for the other night I have a shorter black and white dress with pearls around it. Very nice dresses. I wouldn't pass up the chance to get dressed up with my hubby for nothing. icon_wink.gif

Nancy

sailing Conquest 6/27/04

rdear - You may just be surprised by just how formal some folks DO dress. I've seen many, many full-sequined long gowns and flowing gowns. And men - well there's not much better to look at than a man in a tux! icon_wink.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Capri Pants

If you like wearing pants that look like they are way too short for you, go ahead. Nobody will give you a hard time about wearing those silly looking things.

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

Dan 40 you sound like my Dh! I found a cute linen capri outfit on sale for 50% off. When I showed it to him he says "Of course it was on sale half the pants are missing!" LMAO! To answer the original post you will see alot of women wearing capris. On my last cruise I wore them everynight except formal. Have a great cruise.

I am definitely planning to wear capri's. They are so cute and with nice sandles and nice shirt they should be just fine. Formal night a long black gown and 2nd formal night a short black dress. Can't wait icon_wink.gif

Legend 7/18/04

Archived