Hi Nassau, Bahamas questions

JoeandSheryl

:) Hi:)

We will be in Nassau, Bahamas on May 3 and 4 arriving at 1:00 pm and leaving at 6:00 pm.

What are the best things to do and see?

I know my wife would like to go to a quiet beach with good snorkling.

What is the best way to get around Bus, taxi, ect?

Are there any Lighthouses ?

Thanks Joe and Sheryl:)

Hi there - we recently spent a week in Nassau and had a FANTASTIC time and planning on going back in December for a few days. I have a bunch of info on Nassau: walking tours, yellowbird (takes you to an island with stingrays and a huge turtle), Arwawak cay and just interesting things to do/see. Pirate Museum and Ardastra garden/zoo would be good for both adults and kids. If you want info, please email me and I will send it out.

ceceliajean1@yahoo.com

Buses run all the time until around 6:30-7pm and just about take you anywhere for a buck. Great deal and a nice experience

Rose Island, Harbour Island were my choices although we didnt make it due to bad weather

HI MICHELE!!!!! (I bid on a trip for this December - 1st week) so hopefully see you then....:D

We will be in Nassau the end of april and need advise on snorkeling. we do not care to snorkle with sharks so stuart cove is out unless you think the snorkle spots are the best. Do not know where carnival snorkle boat trip goes and I have read a few reviews that you do not see much on that trip. I do not think we have enough time for the all day sea island since we arrive around 930 am. I am not sure about the snorkeling at Pearl island . It is 4.5 hours and i do not think they are going to let you snorkel that long and did not want to be left with nothing to do. Which of the above would be the best snorkeling?

What is the best way to get to Stuart Cove? We are ariving Sun April 23 at 8 - 5 on Carnival Elation.

We would like to Snorkel, but don't want to take a tour.

Stuart Cove is the name of a man, he runs a terrific scuba/snorkeling shop on the south side. you can only get to the snorkeling spots by boat.

You'll need to take a tour to do any real snorkeling in or around nassau/Paradise Island.

www.stuartcove.com

Our ship will arrive in Nassau on April 19, and I have been reading everything to get an idea of what to do. I have paid particular attention to Scubagirrl's posts as they seem very very helpful. I do have a question about the yellowbird. In our documents, it doesn't say anything about the stingrays when you go on the yellowbird. Does this trip vary?

Thanks so much for your help.

Our ship will arrive in Nassau on April 19, and I have been reading everything to get an idea of what to do. I have paid particular attention to Scubagirrl's posts as they seem very very helpful. I do have a question about the yellowbird. In our documents, it doesn't say anything about the stingrays when you go on the yellowbird. Does this trip vary?

Thanks so much for your help.

Although there are stingrays on the island, the Yellowbird tour does not include them on the itinerary. You can pay to play with them once you get there. Not sure what they charge.

The Yellowbird tour only includes the trip to the island with rum punch and a DJ. Once you land on the island, there's a bar and grill with hot dogs etc. that you can purchase, as well as a pass to the stingrays.

Once back on board the Yellowbird, rum punch again with a DJ, band and Limbo contest.

Archived