On-board credit for price drop?

LUCY55

Our inside room dropped in price and Carnival has sent a fax regarding an on-board credit. I didn't realize this would be room specific. It is my 2 teenage sons room. Myself and DH have a balcony across the hall that actually went up in price. I guess we can't use the credit for the bar bill. Alcohol charges won't be allowed for my sons' room. The credit will have to go for soda and the video arcade. (They will be happy.) The one excursion we booked through carnival is already paid for. And I was told the on-borad credit is not applied to gratuites. Does anyone know whether this is true?

No, that's not true. Your shipboard credit is simply put on your Sail & Sign account as a credit. Everything purchased is on the account, so whatever you have on there balances itself out. If your kids don't charge up the entire amount of the credit, it CAN take care of the auto tips.

No, that's not true. Your shipboard credit is simply put on your Sail & Sign account as a credit. Everything purchased is on the account, so whatever you have on there balances itself out. If your kids don't charge up the entire amount of the credit, it CAN take care of the auto tips.

Amen!! (and t-shirts, souvenirs, pictures .... believe me...they will find a way to get the money!!!) And it is so much fun!!!!! LOL

Archived