Half Moon Cay or Coco Cay

pma29223

On 2/18/2023 at 6:23 PM, pma29223 said:

Have you been to Half Moon Cay and CoCo Cay? Which Island did you like better? 

* My vote is for Half Moon Cay * You can't beat that long stretch of white sandy beach and that beautiful turquoise water! Get the jerk chicken for lunch on the island, and enjoy the brownies too!

We went to Coco Cay for the first time last year, and were not as impressed. At the first beach we tried to snorkel, which was ok, but there were a lot of tiny jellyfish. They didn't "sting" so much as tingle your skin wherever they bumped into you (!) So we wandered over to South Beach (I think that's the name) which was nicer. But Coco Cay seemed more like an amusement park to us, where you have to pay extra to ride any of the slides / air balloon, etc... To us, that's what all the fun stuff on the ship is for! And it's included.

Both are great. We prefer Coco Cay as it stands right now. South Beach is wonderful. There's a great swim up bar there that we love. And most importantly all the drinks are INCLUDED if you have the drink package. We love the sand and water at Half Moon Cay, but paying over $50 for six cans of corona kind of irks me. It's still my second favorite private island currently.

• Like 1