Regent Hotel Capetown

ToxM

I’m just trying to get ducks in order for our Capetown to Rio trip next January. 

We are in a bog standard cabin and are doing the pre-cruise land tour. I know we are likely to be in the Southern Sun Cullinan hotel, but does anyone remember/know the room grade they had?

As our flight gets in super early and Marital Unit is a grumpy traveller I may spring for a hotel the night before so we can check in straight away and he can get some shut eye and emerge butterfly like with a temperament to match (some hope!). 

We’ve arranged our own flights and nabbed some nifty biz flights but he doesn’t sleep well on flights and is a terrible traveller to the ship. 

Thanks in advance!

I don’t recall the room,it was probably a standard with a queen bed.  I do remember that it was comfortable, clean, and quiet.  We booked an extra night before the 3-day pre cruise winelands and wildlife tour, and we were checked in immediately upon arrival around 10 am.  Make sure that Regent adds the extra night to the tour, otherwise they try to put you in a different hotel!  It depends how early you arrive, and if you are part of the large group to determine if you need the extra night/day.

make sure you keep the contact number for the tour company handy, as we had significant delays due to BA late arrival and luggage handling, and our “meet and greet “ was nowhere to be found.  A phone call resolved the issue and we were taken to the private car for the transfer.

tip… join the southern sun rewards program and you get a discount at the bar and restaurant on site as long as you pay directly - do not charge to your room.  Their little restaurant next to the pool was excellent to grab lunch and drinks, very reasonably priced and they honor the discount.  The food was tasty and the drinks were cheap!  I didn’t care about earning points, but improved Wi-Fi and the discount was worth it.  

https://www.southernsun.com/frequentguest/hotel-rewards/join

The hotel shuttle to the V&A waterfront was handy.  We also hired an awesome private driver/guide after we disembarked in Capetown but you won’t need that…

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, makai 7 said:

I don’t recall the room,it was probably a standard with a queen bed.  I do remember that it was comfortable, clean, and quiet.  We booked an extra night before the 3-day pre cruise winelands and wildlife tour, and we were checked in immediately upon arrival around 10 am.  Make sure that Regent adds the extra night to the tour, otherwise they try to put you in a different hotel!  It depends how early you arrive, and if you are part of the large group to determine if you need the extra night/day.

make sure you keep the contact number for the tour company handy, as we had significant delays due to BA late arrival and luggage handling, and our “meet and greet “ was nowhere to be found.  A phone call resolved the issue and we were taken to the private car for the transfer.

tip… join the southern sun rewards program and you get a discount at the bar and restaurant on site as long as you pay directly - do not charge to your room.  Their little restaurant next to the pool was excellent to grab lunch and drinks, very reasonably priced and they honor the discount.  The food was tasty and the drinks were cheap!  I didn’t care about earning points, but improved Wi-Fi and the discount was worth it.  

https://www.southernsun.com/frequentguest/hotel-rewards/join

The hotel shuttle to the V&A waterfront was handy.  We also hired an awesome private driver/guide after we disembarked in Capetown but you won’t need that…

Really useful thank you!