Advice on Koningsdam Hawaii Cruise April 13/2023

Norvig

On 2/20/2023 at 8:26 AM, terrydtx said:

I have never had an issue about noise from the connecting doors. They are as quiet as the full walls between cabins.

Actually, the solid walls were an irritation on the Rotterdam in February.   Or more specifically it was the power outlets.  We heard a lot conversations from the neighboring cabins just sitting in our cabin.   At times it seemed like there was a hole cut in the cabin wall.

7 hours ago, Norvig said:

Another thing, our photos were on our boarding passes on the Navigator App.  Have since disappeared.  🤬🤬 Is this another thing that has changed?  

Unfortunately no, that's just the app being buggy 😠. I've added that most unflattering of photos to my phone camera roll and can upload it again should mine disappear as well. Have also printed almost every receipt and confirmation on paper should the electronics fail completely.

HaL is making this stressful, no way can I find the health questionnaire.  I’ve even had help from a tech savy .   No answer from our TA either.  Take our $ & then poof! We planned this cruise so it would be less stress for both of us , NOT.  We have toured all over Europe with Trafalgar & Insight & never had an issue with their forms etc.  

1 hour ago, Norvig said:

HaL is making this stressful, no way can I find the health questionnaire.  I’ve even had help from a tech savy .   No answer from our TA either.  Take our $ & then poof! We planned this cruise so it would be less stress for both of us , NOT.  We have toured all over Europe with Trafalgar & Insight & never had an issue with their forms etc.  

I saw a post a few days ago that the health Q has been eliminated. I can't find it either, so I'm taking my chances;)

We recently returned from Kauai where we spent 9 nights . If you haven't made plans we could give you some insights if you would like about the port and island . We have done the other islands by cruise as well and we will tell you what we would do if we have the chance to do the cruise that you are doing . Enjoy Hawaii . Aloha .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

2 hours ago, Norvig said:

Any tips on Kauai & others would be helpful.  We could not get any tours except in Hilo.  The only Island we have been to is Maui. Thank you.  Sitting in Vancouver now!  

Bon Voyage we hope that all goes well and that you will have a great trip - the voyage of a lifetime . We will post a couple of videos and photos as we know that the internet will probably be slow at sea . Our favorite thing to do while in Kauai was the doors off helicopter flight that flies all around Kauai . We used Jack Harter . It covered the entire island in an hour . 

https://helicopters-kauai.com/tours/

3 of the 4 passengers had window seats and the 4th sat in the front next to the pilot . You will fly through the Kauai Grand Canyon , over the ocean and Na Pali coast , see and get close to many waterfalls etc .

IMG_8510(2).thumb.JPG.60f6d10bff5381f5f7f0987e3dea4cde.JPG

IMG_8415(2).thumb.JPG.8c0ba060c3937d4d3783321e4f3fca4b.JPG

IMG_8469(2).thumb.JPG.606506355f93783f87318d74f24c543d.JPG

IMG_8577(2).thumb.JPG.026e2791d30f5952835202dc0327cdcc.JPG

Eat lunch at Duke's Canoe Club, which is a walk from the ship across the bay or take a Taxi . No reservations but request to sit by their indoor waterfall . The Hula ice cream pie will serve 4 for desert . They have a nice beach and you can ride the small waves on an outrigger canoe for $ 75 each for about an hour .

In Kona, drink coffee and what we wished we did was to jump ship with the captains permission first of course . There's more to do and the water is calmer on the Kona side .  We wished that we would have spent the night there to snorkel with the Mantas at night . Book this first - if you can't do this save your money and do something else . 

If you do choose to snorkel, we wished that we would have rented a car and spent the night in Kona . Drive to Hilo, the next day and make sure that you can drop the car off in Hilo . In Hilo we did rent a car and went to the Volcano's National Park , walked thru the lava tube and drove where we saw the lava running into the sea . Warning ! Please don't go too close . Breathing the gas isn't good where the water goes into the ocean and the lava benches could collapse . We don't know you or your budget but we are 72 and 66 and we would do it in a heartbeat ! 

A lot to digest and we are still paying for our trip but it may be once in a lifetime and you are there - so go for it ! We will be glad to answer questions preferably at scubacruiserx2@gmail.com

We are currently writing a thread, but we are in San Francisco and Hawaii is a little down the road in the thread. So please don't tell anyone what we did in Hawaii 😉.

Edited by scubacruiserx2