Spain/France/Italy June 2024 - port or starboard and many other questions from a Disney veteran

Brentm77

Hello everyone.  We are venturing away from Disney for the first time ever.  Two adults.  We sailed Disney for the Eastern Med last year and decided to try something new for the Western Med this time.  Ship will be the Ascent.  It will be early June 2024.  Ports are Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Ajaccio, Cagliari, Valletta, Sicily, Naples, Rome.  We have cruised to Sicily, Naples, Rome before, and are so excited to go back to those ports.

1) Is there any real advantage to port or starboard verandah room?

2) I am a bit hesitant about the infinity verandah.  I tend to spend a lot of time out there while my wife is getting ready or relaxing indoors.  I don't like the idea of essentially opening a window to the entire room, which can then not be airconditioned.  What are other peoples experiences?

3) We are in concierge, but could switch to the sunset verandah in the back if we move out of concierge.  How beneficial is concierges for this type of itinerary? How are the Sunset verandahs?

4) Is it true that dining is all anytime, even though the website asked us to pick a time and we picked 6?  If so, should I switch to anytime so I can make dining reservations at specific times?  We like to eat early.

5) Does anyone who has moved from Disney to Celebrity have any tips?

Thanks!  We are so excited to try a new line.