Pier 12 Brooklyn

pepperrn

I'm booked Westbound later in 2006, does anyone know if we will go around Governors Island and tie up at pier 12 Red Hook or will we turn around 360 in Buttermilk Channel and then tie up? ie, Will we see Lady Liberty and Manhattan? or just charming Red hook? Thanks.

Pepper. (RN).

go around Governors Island and tie up at pier 12 Red Hook or will we turn around 360 in Buttermilk Channel and then tie up? ie, Will we see Lady Liberty and Manhattan? or just charming Red hook? Thanks.

Pepper. (RN).

The original story was 'around Governors Island.'...but afaik its now 180 in the Buttermilk Channel (360 would be redundant!)......so you will get a view of Lady Liberty and 'distant glimpses' (as a Realtor would say) of Lower Manhattan......

Peter

I'm booked Westbound later in 2006, does anyone know if we will go around Governors Island and tie up at pier 12 Red Hook or will we turn around 360 in Buttermilk Channel and then tie up? ie, Will we see Lady Liberty and Manhattan? or just charming Red hook? Thanks.

Pepper. (RN).

Straight from Commodore Warwick's mouth (And This I CAN confirm!)

We cannot go around Governor's Island. There is a reef there. It is on the charts. No Way! No How!

The Lady is visible from the pier. In fact, some there advertise the view.

That's all I know!

Karie,

Who refuses to cut off her nose to spite her face. If all I cared about was the Manhattan Skyline and the Statue, I would take the train down, take circle line or a ferry and take the train back home. It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper!

Thank you all for ths information, most disappointing not to see the tradional views on arrival in New York (I have been aware for a long time about the change to Red Hook but was unsure as to how the ship would get there). I of course meant 180, I'd just been looking at pictures of the 360 turn at Long Beach (the "Queens Meet") and, due to old age, had that in my brain, forgive me.

Pepper.

Archived