3-Night Pacific Coast Cruise - Dress Code?

Ella2

I'm taking my 12-year old daughter next month on the 3-night Los Angeles to Vancouver sailing on the Volendam. I know the dress code for the longer cruises, but am curious as to the dinner dress on a shorter cruise? Will there be a formal night on such a short cruise? My daughter has outgrown all of last summer's "cruise clothes" (dresses included) so I need to know if I need to make a shopping trip soon.

Thanks for anyone who can offer some guidance! :)

On my 3 day Coastal on the Oosterdam, there were only casual nights, whereas on my 4 day Veendam, there was one formal and three casual.

Most likely you will have 1 formal night, but your docs should clarify any mystery when they come :)

Usually one formal night - the rest being casual on such a short cruise. I guess they do the one formal to keep those who like the tradition happy. Actually I was sort of disappointed that there wasn't more formal nights on my last 4 day cruise because I had gone out and bought all these suits and sports jackets that I never ended up taking with me. Oh well, a full week cruise is ahead of me in 2006!

Thanks for the information. :) I guess I'll have to wait for the docs to be sure. I do enjoy formal nights, but honestly I'm kind of hoping NOT to have to pack the extra clothes, especially since we are planning on spending a couple of days in Vancouver after we arrive.

Looking forward to my first HAL sailing!

Archived