NCL app on smartphone with no phone number or plan ??? and texting w/ NCL app ?

DorothyB

I am NOT tech savvy.  I bought a smartphone with more memory and started switching to it this month.  I ported my phone number to the new phone which means the old phone doesn't have a cell phone plan anymore.  I've been quite surprised to find that this phone is still updating Libby and Facebook (and probably other things).  Does this mean that this phone will work on board the ship?  I can download the ncl app using my internet but will I be able to access the app on board?

I've heard good & bad about texting with the NCL app.  I think it is $10 per person but is that for a 7 day cruise?  Does it work on both android and i-phone?  I have android and my friends that I would text with have i-phones.  We would just be using it to find each other on board.

Thanks!

as long as the device can connect to the ship wifi you can use it to access the app

a common name for a phone with no cellular service or no phone number is called a wifi phone or something like that. it just needs to be connected any kind of wifi