Kids Activities on Royal Princess?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

Sailing with our 4 1/2 year old to Alaska on Royal in mid-May; from what I see, the kids club for his age looks pretty nice but is it the only activity for kids his age onboard?

I don't believe the Royal has an arcade outside of the teen club ( (We were on the NCL Bliss last month and they had a separate arcade area that he loved) or even a splash pad/water play area (although doubt we will be able to do much, if any, outdoor activities for an Alaskan cruise in May).

I thought I read there was mini golf as well although I can't find that..

Just trying to plan this out to see how he will be occupied when the kids club is closed.

Thanks!

I can't speak to kids club quality but I have been on the Royal twice and haven't seen an arcade.  There is a putting green up on deck 19 (highest point) but it is not a traditional mini golf course for kids.

• Like 1

The kids club areas are the dedicated spaces for the particular age groups. There are no other areas that are specifically allocated for children (such as an arcade) though there certainly are areas that kids would enjoy while supervised such as pools, sports courts, putting green and on occasion, organized activities in the Piazza. That said, some of these things that I mentioned may not be what a 4 1/2 year old would be interested in as much as he would be in the offerings in the club. Also, as you know, Alaska is very port intensive and even the sea days are designed to be highly scenic and wildlife focused. A 4 1/2 year old will be plenty entertained by the cruise itself with the club serving as a sufficient alternative. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2