Referral/Past Cruiser Discount

Los_Pepes

My wife has sailed Ponant and I have not. We have our eye on a cruise and I am curious how we can leverage either a referral or past cruiser discount. Can she refer me as her husband and traveling companion? Can she use her past cruiser discount for both of us in the same cabin? Any and all advice is welcome how to get the largest discount in this situation. 

Thanks!

This sounds like something you could strategize with a TA. My understanding is that your wife can only get a referral for you if you're in a separate cabin. You'd certainly be eligible for the new cruiser discount regardless.

Your discount for this cruise and all future cruises will be based on the number of sailings for each of you separately and you'll see this itemized on your invoice.

Where are you sailing? We always like to hear about that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

This sounds like something you could strategize with a TA. My understanding is that your wife can only get a referral for you if you're in a separate cabin. You'd certainly be eligible for the new cruiser discount regardless.

Your discount for this cruise and all future cruises will be based on the number of sailings for each of you separately and you'll see this itemized on your invoice.

Where are you sailing? We always like to hear about that!

We are thinking about a Svalbard cruise in 2024. It would be the most expensive cruise we ever paid for so we are going to shop it hard!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

'Jim & Iain' have elsewhere on CC posted a very useful thread on a new Ponant 'Loyalty Match' programme: it's also worth looking to see if you can claim 'status' from cruises taken with other cruise lines.

In some cases this has been applied after booking but before sailing - but I had a very sniffy response to my request for this, so I suggest that, if applicable, you apply either before, or at the time of, booking.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Los_Pepes said:

My wife has sailed Ponant and I have not. We have our eye on a cruise and I am curious how we can leverage either a referral or past cruiser discount. Can she refer me as her husband and traveling companion? Can she use her past cruiser discount for both of us in the same cabin? Any and all advice is welcome how to get the largest discount in this situation. 

Thanks!

We are interested in an NZ cruise. Would your wife (or anyone reading this) give us a referral for Le Ponant? Many thanks.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Los_Pepes said:

Thanks!

Here are the particulars re your circumstances:

The sponsor and the person sponsored refers may not share the same stateroom.

The sponsoring request will be rejected if the person sponsored or any member of his/her household has already been sponsored.

A sponsor can refer any number of people, but only one per household.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...