Cork & Jameson Distillery

DesertRat46

They are basically opposite directions!  It would be possible by train, but a lot of back and forward, also the distillery is quite a distance from the train station in Midleton.

Pre Covid there was a bus from the dockside to the distillery which was run by Butler's buses who are well recommended on this board.

I have emailed the distillery to see if they will have any other options this year.

Here is the link to Butlers  https://www.ecoach.ie/cobh-jameson-shore-tour.php

It would be just about possible to get into Cork city after the tour returns to Cobh, but time would be short and you would be returning on the commuter train during peak travel which could be uncomfortable.

I have posted the response I received from Jameson.

Hello Colin,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately we do not run a shuttle service however I am happy to advise that Midleton is well serviced by public transport from Cork city centre.

The most up to date information on bus services can be found at www.buseireann.ie with the nearest stop being Brewery house / Distillery walk which is located directly at the top of the street leading down to our visitor centre.

Alternatively Midleton train station is located 1.5 km from us which takes approximately 20 minutes to walk and the schedule can be found via www.irishrail.ie

I am also happy to recommend a local taxi service Midleton Cabs Telephone (021) 4613789 and I would strongly advise prebooking.

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

A very warm welcome awaits!

Kind regards, 

John Paul

John Paul Healy

Reservations Assistant

I was on a land trip in Ireland last summer and didn't think the Jameson tour was all that great. It was very mass market. I went because my husband and son are big whisky fans and they were sort of "meh" about it too. I think I liked it more than they did because I hadn't been on a distillery tour. My husband thought it wasn't as good as ones in Kentucky or Scotland. OTOH, I really enjoyed the walk around the historic grounds.