Mobility Scooter rental using on Carnival Celebration

jjaazzy

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The handicapped excel class cabins are not tiny at all.  Does your father have a handicapped cabin reserved?

That's good to hear as they seem to be small in comparison to what we're used to and ppl say the cabins are kind of tight, especially the bathrooms. What time was your scooter ready for you at the terminal?

15 hours ago, BonnieH said:

Unfortunately, not everyone is aware that they may need a scooter after booking their cruise and HC cabins may not be available. 

That is the perfect reason to change your booking after receiving a FCC from Carnival if a HC cabin is needed and none are available.  Having the space that a HC cabin provides makes it much easier to maneuver, especially with the walk in shower.

1 hour ago, opensaysme said:

That's good to hear as they seem to be small in comparison to what we're used to and ppl say the cabins are kind of tight, especially the bathrooms. What time was your scooter ready for you at the terminal?

I own my own scooter. 

This scooter was specifically designed for cruising. It folds down to 12 inches so that if you don't have a HC cabin, you can fold it down and keep it under the bed.  The seat pops off and the rest folds up.  Easy to fly with as well.  The seat goes inside with you and the scooter goes down below as a gate check.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I own my own scooter. 

This scooter was specifically designed for cruising. It folds down to 12 inches so that if you don't have a HC cabin, you can fold it down and keep it under the bed.  The seat pops off and the rest folds up.  Easy to fly with as well.  The seat goes inside with you and the scooter goes down below as a gate check.

I'm realizing that I got you confused with rtfnl as your profile icons are the same color purple. I do thank you for the video and and the advice. That's a pretty cool scooter! My father realized he needed a scooter just recently and since we are unable to rebook our cruise we were told the transportable scooter can fold down pretty well. He has limited mobility. 

After this I am so done with topic. For all of you quoting the rules Judy wait until you or a traveling companion needs to use a scooter and only then will you understand the severe shortage of handicap rooms on the ships.

We know what is printed but at times there the room stewards comes up with suggestions for those on the Celebration, which is the only ship that I have encountered with smaller rooms. 

2 hours ago, rtfnl said:

After this I am so done with topic. For all of you quoting the rules Judy wait until you or a traveling companion needs to use a scooter and only then will you understand the severe shortage of handicap rooms on the ships.

We know what is printed but at times there the room stewards comes up with suggestions for those on the Celebration, which is the only ship that I have encountered with smaller rooms. 

I guess I don't understand your point.  Cruiselines make decisions about what they are willing to build.  In the Excel class they've decided to go with smaller cabins (especially doors) and a limited number of handicapped rooms.  From what I'm understanding, traditional scooters don't fit well in regular rooms.  So if one needs one, those particular ships aren't great options.  Okay, that's reality. We all deal with reality every day.  I wish I could dunk a basketball but it's not unfair that the rim is 10 feet high and I can't.

11 hours ago, rtfnl said:

There are 54 fully accessible handicapped cabins on the ship.  Since you were complaining about the space in your two balcony cabins and that the scooter barely got through the door, I will have to infer that you did not have a HC cabin.

We did have a HC cabin on the Celebration as well as 4 different times on the Mardi Gras and had no problem whatsoever regarding space in the cabin.

8 hours ago, jsglow said:

From what I'm understanding, traditional scooters don't fit well in regular rooms.  So if one needs one, those particular ships aren't great options.  

It's not the ship, it's the cabin.  If you have a scooter, pick a HC cabin and you have all the room you need.  If you sign up for your cruise at the last minute and all of the HC cabins are gone, then choose another date or choose another ship.  With the Excel Class having 54 fully accessible cabins on board it should not be a problem getting one as long as you book far enough in advance.

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

It's not the ship, it's the cabin.  If you have a scooter, pick a HC cabin and you have all the room you need.  If you sign up for your cruise at the last minute and all of the HC cabins are gone, then choose another date or choose another ship.  With the Excel Class having 54 fully accessible cabins on board it should not be a problem getting one as long as you book far enough in advance.

100% agree.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:46 PM, rtfnl said:

We had 2 balcony cabins in the Celebration with a scooter each. We were barely able to get the scooter through the door in the cabin where the sofa was near the door.  

On 3/10/2023 at 8:01 AM, rtfnl said:

The problem with Carnival Celebration's cabins are the rooms are smaller than the other ships 

22 hours ago, rtfnl said:

The problem is there are very few handicap room on the ship. 

19 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

There are 79 handicapped rooms on the ship.  25 Ambulatory and 54 Fully Accessible. 

11 minutes ago, rtfnl said:

No one is complaining. 

🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1