Trip Insurance - Pros/Cons and Poll

Do you purchase trip insurance?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you purchase trip insurance?

• Yes - Always.
    • Sometimes - Like in the winter.
    • No - Never.

such as Puerto Rico after a S Carib cruise to learn we had no flight home due to NWA being on strike for 4 days. So we had to pay for taxi, hotel for 3 nights, until we could fly when they were working again. Then we learned that CSA, my favorite company, would have gootten us on another airline, that we paid to fly home & submited the tickets to them for the money.

So now we buy their insurance for each cruise. I was stung by a jellyfish & the doc had my doing fine in 24 hours. Last cruise the Summit's gangway went wild & smashed my foot. Celebrity offered 20% off my next cruise. Transcanal was $6000 with air & I was bedridden for 10 days. CSA got me $4854 for the 10 days I wasn't enjoying myself. Took 4 months for Celebrity to forward my medical file to them charging them $15 for copying. How unprofessional!

DOUG: I'm bringing this back to the top of the posts, since I'd love to find out if you went through mediation with Travel Guard. I have used them many times, and was shocked to find out they didn't honor your claim, although CSA did for JBond. Please let me know.

:confused:

We always buy it because in case there is any emergency with our elderly relatives that would cause us to cancel our trip or return home early. Also, I like the fact that RCI insurance gives a generous credit for cancelling for any reason. This way if work or jury duty obligations come up we won't be out much. Our own health insurance will cover us internationally but I also feel better knowing we have "immediate" help and coverage with the cruise insurance. Peace of mind is worth it for us.

Archived