Handling the long gap between flights in B.A. coming back from Antarctica

Woodrowst

My wife and I will be taking an Antarctica cruise on the Venture next January.  At disembarkation Seabourn flies us from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires.  There is a long connecting time as the earliest flights from B.A. to the U.S. are at 8:00pm and many are later (the flight Seabourn arranged for us leaves close to midnight).

Does Seabourn do anything for us once we get to Buenos Aires or are we on our own to fill the long gap until our connecting flight?  If so, any suggestions?

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

You will use up some of the time waiting in line at Buenos Aires airport, which is hot, very crowded, and inefficient.

Several lines.

First for check-in.  Then another line for security and another for immigration.  All of which are staffed by un-motivated bureaucrats. 

Plus, expect another bag screening at the gate, where water bottles will be confiscated.

11 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Several lines.

First for check-in.  Then another line for security and another for immigration.  All of which are staffed by un-motivated bureaucrats. 

Plus, expect another bag screening at the gate, where water bottles will be confiscated.

So you are saying it may take me until midnight to get to the plane? 🙂

38 minutes ago, Woodrowst said:

I'm saying not to be surprised at the amount of time you spend between arriving at the airport and when you actually make it to your gate.

We were on this cruise this past January and we had booked flights thru Seabourn.  We arrived at BA/EZE at 4:00pm from Ushuaia.  Our flight from BA to DFW was at 8:55P.  This is what happened for those of us that had booked flights thru Seabourn. When we arrived at BA/EZE we collected all our luggage.  A Seabourn rep met us and took us out to a bus that took us to a nearby restaurant (about a 15 minute drive) for a meal and then back to the airport for our flight home.  The meal was courtesy of Seabourn up to a specific limit.  I don't recall the amount.                                          

21 minutes ago, toseaornottosea said:

We were on this cruise this past January and we had booked flights thru Seabourn.  We arrived at BA/EZE at 4:00pm from Ushuaia.  Our flight from BA to DFW was at 8:55P.  This is what happened for those of us that had booked flights thru Seabourn. When we arrived at BA/EZE we collected all our luggage.  A Seabourn rep met us and took us out to a bus that took us to a nearby restaurant (about a 15 minute drive) for a meal and then back to the airport for our flight home.  The meal was courtesy of Seabourn up to a specific limit.  I don't recall the amount.                                          

Same as the included wine about $5 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, toseaornottosea said:

This is really helpful.  If Seabourn does the same for us I think it will work out just fine.

20 hours ago, Woodrowst said:

Let's just say that the usual advice to arrive 3 hours ahead is completely warranted. And one might choose to be even more conservative.

On the other hand since almost everyone will hear this and arrive early you could try to game the system and arrive late.

A probably unnecessary reminder- not all flights from USH arrive at EZE. Some go to AEP.