Booked a guarantee/ Got the shaft

rucruizin

Ok, I'd rather stay where I'm at even if I'm unhappy than to wish upon someone that they have to cancel their cruise this late in the game.

rucruizin, this shows that you are very considerate of others and perhaps a bit nicer than me;) .

I'm almost willing to lay a bet you won't be unhappy with your cabin. I'm hoping you'll be pleasantly surprised. Always try to remember that 90% of the things we worry about never happen. Don't worry about this ... just look forward to having a fantastic cruise:)

we bokked a gruarantee because that was hte only way we could have a balcony. Se we had a BC guarantee.

We were assigned cabin #6106 which is at the VERY front of the ship.

Can anyone tell me something to make me feel better about this cabin because right now I'm ticked!

If you were told the only way you could have a balcony was by booking

a BC guarantee, that tells me most of the balconies were already booked

earlier. Since there are only four balcony verandah suites in the BC

category (2 forward, 2 aft), your chances were probably that you would

end up with one of those four. At that point, I would have "requested"

a preference for either of the aft verandah suites (though that may have

not helped).

Now to make you feel better: If I had the choice of the four verandah

suites, *I* would have chosen either of the forward two just for the reason that the two aft verandah suites are "connecting" verandah suites and I

hate connecting rooms in hotels and ships.

Guarantee bookings in general, work best on "unpopular" sailings such as

any 7-day sailings out of Florida during the heat of hurricane season

(Sept and Oct), the pre and post Alaska season (May and Oct) and any

repositioning sailings (transatlantic in particular).

On a GTY you do have to depend upon our friends the UPGrade Wizard and UpGrade Fairy to help youall. (\:p /)

The events unfold better with a not as full vessel also.

But never be disappointed in what you recieve as that is the way and truth..the light is at the end of your journry.

If you are so petty (not a petty officer) and take not getting your room to heart then why did you book a GTY ?

A Fool and there rooms are easily parted...*S*:eek:

On our first HAL cruise (MS Rotterdam), we booked a G Outside (G2513 to be exact) with a guaranteed upgrade. We wound up down the passageway at E2547. I was satisfied. We didn't even know what cabin we were in until we got pier side as we were in Athens for 10 days prior to leaving Greece on the ship. This cruise was absolutely sold out. It sailed the end of August just after the 2004 Games and we had booked it in December 2003. We usually book a good amount of time in advance. This may have had something to do with our case, I don't know for sure. There's our "guaranteed upgrade" experiance with HAL.

only time we have ever had a balcony was on Maasdam 3 yrs ago and we had the most forward balcony and did not experience any wind problem. Ease up and go w/ a positive attitude and enjoy. Think of all the folks who can't even afford to cruise and be grateful for both the health and wherewithall to go. It will be fine.

Archived