Debit Cards

:confused: I know ,Iknow.This is like beating a dead horse.But,I tried the search option.Having trouble attempting to acsess

it.:( So,we are attempting to decide,as to if it is better to

use our debit card or apply cash to our SS Account.To avoid that CC Bill once we return.:eek: So can any one tell us

what the process is,when using your Debit Card?

Thanks In Advance..

I received my documents a few weeks ago from our cruise and we plan to use both cash and our debit card for our S&S. I do not use credit cards so that isn't even an option. There will be a hold placed on either card so using the debit will mean that the money will not be able to be used from your account for other purchases. I believe they said it would be $350 hold on the cards and it can be adjusted if cash is presented. Also if you are getting close to that amount, another hold will be placed on the account.

HI!

I have used my debit card which has a Visa Logo so it can be used as a credit card also. I had no problems. However, when on Carnival, I never did that. It was on NCL (YUK) and RCCL. Sailing on HAL on Wed and will see if they will take it there.

My suggestion would be to call the ship's 800 # talk to a customer Rep. and just ask. You will know right then.

I don't think they will let you use it if you can't use it as a credit card.

However, now all I do is put cash on my SS account. You can always check and see where you are at and you won't over spend.:D :eek:

All I can tell you is that I book my cruises with my Visa debit card, and my Sail & Sign account is secured by the same card. No 'hold' is ever put on my card. The money just comes out of my checking account, and I don't worry about it. I don't know why some folks say not to use a debit card. Works for me.:)

Archived