Question about flight transportation

cruisingmen

Anyone have insight on how to successfully get Princess to change flights prearranged through them without having to pay the change fee? Just got word we are being routed to Miami for a Ft. Lauderdale cruise. While Miami is close, it's not FLL and will end up costing us extra $$ to and from MIA.

Every time I have requested deviation through Princess I have been charged much more than the $75 for international flights.

I have not changed dates of departures, simply desired direct flights from Florida to Chicago or Los Angeles, flying to Asiatic ports to cruise on the Diamond or Sapphire Princess.

In one case I cancelled the cruise because Princess wanted over $400 per person more than the $1700 air charge from Orlando to Sydney.

Ellis

Every time I have requested deviation through Princess I have been charged much more than the $75 for international flights.

I have not changed dates of departures, simply desired direct flights from Florida to Chicago or Los Angeles, flying to Asiatic ports to cruise on the Diamond or Sapphire Princess.

In one case I cancelled the cruise because Princess wanted over $400 per person more than the $1700 air charge from Orlando to Sydney.

When you request deviation, you can also be charged the difference in price between one ticket and the other. If you change any flight on any airline, they'll do the same thing, i.e., charge you the difference even if the departure and arrival cities are the same.

If this is Princess air won't they provide the transportation to and from MIA?
In some cases, when you purchase Princess air, they include transportation to/from the ship. Normally, however, you purchase Princess air and transfers separately.

We did not originally purchase transfers through Princess. They wanted $12 per person each way (there are 7 of us!) for the two-mile transfer from FLL to the port. We figured it would be much cheaper to take a couple of taxis than pay the transfer fee. Now, since they have booked us into Miami, they are wanting $84 per person for transfers!!!

Sounds like getting the flights changed would be an expensive option. We talked to our TA (who is AWESOME) and she was able to get Princess to give us a deal on transfers since they booked us into an alternate airport. $10 per person each way. Guess we will go with this, and accept this as a lesson learned about booking air through the cruise line.

Anyone have insight on how to successfully get Princess to change flights prearranged through them without having to pay the change fee? Just got word we are being routed to Miami for a Ft. Lauderdale cruise. While Miami is close, it's not FLL and will end up costing us extra $$ to and from MIA.

Hi Cruisingmen,

We are also booked Toronto - Miami. April 7th cruise. Air Canada was cheaper airfare and they had better time slots. The cost is just 30.00 Canadian for the Bus transfer. Well worth it for us.

We only booked once with the Cruise and never again. We had a stop over in Atlanta for 4 hours. We arrived on the ship totally exhausted. And booking one day ahead with them is not always easy.

Good experience for your next cruise.

Archived