Snorkeling at Beach Club at Bimini?

Hydro ergo

Hi All,

Travelling to Bimini in a few weeks.  Is there any decent snorkeling from the Beach Club area? I've seen the shipwreck excursion, but I'm not interested in that one.  (organized group snorkeling isn't for me...I don't like getting kicked by other people's flippers, needing to wear a life vest, and being limited on time---just a personal opinion, nothing wrong with it for others)  Debating if it is worth it to bring my snorkel/mask on the cruise. 

Thanks!

There was some animal life there. I did the shipwreck excursion that you don’t like so I can’t speak much of Bimini. Didn’t have to wear a life vest on that excursion and was never kicked by anyone.

There were lots of rays right by the dock.

Edited by AussieOmni
  • Like 2

There’s some decent sea life over to the left as you look at the water. There’s a rocky area marking the edge on the resort. We also saw turtles, sting rays and fish early that morning. For afternoon snorkeling, I recommend the shipwreck area and around outside of resort world. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 11:04 PM, AussieOmni said:

There was some animal life there. I did the shipwreck excursion that you don’t like so I can’t speak much of Bimini. Didn’t have to wear a life vest on that excursion and was never kicked by anyone.

There were lots of rays right by the dock.

It actually sounds like that excursion might not have been too bad...I've just had historically bad experiences on organized snorkeling tours.  Did you enjoy it?  Feel like it was worth it for the cost?  What was the group size like?

thank you!

On 3/16/2023 at 9:37 AM, Hydro ergo said:

It actually sounds like that excursion might not have been too bad...I've just had historically bad experiences on organized snorkeling tours.  Did you enjoy it?  Feel like it was worth it for the cost?  What was the group size like?

thank you!

Really loved it. You’re able to get some clear space. I think there was 20 of us.

• Like 1