Here’s to NOT “The Worst Cruise I’ve Ever Taken”!!! Sailing the Mera today- first time MSC, YC and Aurea Suite

L1211

An improvised drink. Sweet waiter says “we’re out of a lot of the ingredients, but try it”.  My husband “does it have rum?”  Waiter, “lots!!”. I’m getting this place…. they work hard to make you happy, but are strained. 

F696B0CE-2C5E-48D6-88A7-14C97431DA60.jpeg

27 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Best practice for sure!  Advice from this board.  Get to lobster rolls, skip the bread. Enjoy the lobster salad.  Served warm and chocked full of large pieces of lobster.  Flavor is spot on- best meal of the trip!!

101FFD2D-80FE-426F-AE88-2A37DA199CAB.jpeg

I'm going to show this to my wife.  I get a dirty look everytime I order 2 of something.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

How do Bella menus compare?

I believe they are the same for all MDRs - Bella included.  Here’s tonight’s MDR menu and YC dinner

59F062F9-8AB6-4EE3-9673-B7D76EDF2FE0.jpeg

21A8A137-18A1-4214-997C-05B7AB04F606.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

There is no Bella Menu.  Bella and Fantastica eat in the MDR.  Aurea and YC can eat there if they so choose.

I don’t think there is an Aurea restaurant on the Mera.  Just a “dine anytime” section but we’ve not been…

1 hour ago, KennyFla said:

I'm going to show this to my wife.  I get a dirty look everytime I order 2 of something.

Best practice for sure.  Skip the fries,

and bun - all lobster for lunch!!! 

Loving the YC, but admit I don’t understand the butler. Ours and his assistant keep a very clean room- and I really appreciate it.  But nothing more.  No ice in the room, delivered cookies yesterday but they disappeared and I dosing get to even try the macaroons!  That’s about it…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Yacht Club- also don’t understand the RFI on the  main front elevators.  What is that supposed to do?  See zero benefit…. 

Supposedly, if you tap your YC card, you will get a direct elevator...no stops for other passengers.

Edited by NorthernCouple
  • Like 2

Just now, fredmdcruisers said:

But your no menu answer was not correct. Should have been "same menu."

there is no such thing as a bella menu.  Nor Fantastica.  There is the MDR menu which is what is included on Bella and Fantastica.  Some ships have a DR for Aurea, the YC ships have a DR for their guests.  There is no bella dining room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

there is no such thing as a bella menu.  Nor Fantastica.  There is the MDR menu which is what is included on Bella and Fantastica.  Some ships have a DR for Aurea, the YC ships have a DR for their guests.  There is no bella dining room.

So there is a menu?  Its the same.

2 minutes ago, CruiseScrooge said:

That explains much. I was doing a real ***** on my last cruise. Now i'm thinking kids or drunks from YC were riding the elevators for 15-30 minutes at a time hogging the darn things.

It's only certain ones.  The two most forward on the ship I believe.  You can see the little RFID sensor in the hallway.  If you tap your card, the elevator that comes will say priority. You also can use the card once inside.  It is kinda funny, because others will wonder why their floor got passed when a YC passenger has over ridden the elevator.

• Like 1