Blankets and pea soup...

gregma60

On 3/12/2023 at 7:32 PM, gregma60 said:

And that just piqued my curiosity!  Love hot toddies!!

-gregma

There was mulled wine at the lido pool after glacier bay on Eurodam last year. A splendid way to warm up after a misty/rainy and ice cold morning at Glacier Bay.

55 minutes ago, Hllb said:

I believe you’re right. Neptune suites have coffee machines and all suites have binoculars (or at least signature and Neptune, not sure about vista as they aren’t on our ship)

Will find out on our trip, although we are in a neptune suite, our friends are in a Vista Class suite.

-gregma

Edited by gregma60

4 minutes ago, BigMattT said:

There was mulled wine at the lido pool after glacier bay on Eurodam last year. A splendid way to warm up after a misty/rainy and ice cold morning at Glacier Bay.

Mulled wine, yum!  Hope they do that this time on the Volendam!

-gregma

• Like 1

We’ve been frustrated trying to listen to the commentary from our balcony in Alaska.  But next time I’m trying a tip from a friend…..bring a baby monitor along.  Turn on the tv to commentary, set up the stationary monitor and take the other with you onto your balcony.  We hope it works!

Baby monitors did not come along until our grandkids, so I have no personal experience…..but I hear they solve the problem. We’re on the Noordam in September.

Barbara M. In NH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avery's Gram said:

We’ve been frustrated trying to listen to the commentary from our balcony in Alaska.  But next time I’m trying a tip from a friend…..bring a baby monitor along.  Turn on the tv to commentary, set up the stationary monitor and take the other with you onto your balcony.  We hope it works!

Baby monitors did not come along until our grandkids, so I have no personal experience…..but I hear they solve the problem. We’re on the Noordam in September.

Barbara M. In NH

Interesting idea!

You would think that there would be speakers or something in the balcony.  What if the captain or crew make an announcement, if you are on your balcony with the door closed, how are you supposed to hear it?

-gregma

2 hours ago, gregma60 said:

Interesting idea!

You would think that there would be speakers or something in the balcony.  What if the captain or crew make an announcement, if you are on your balcony with the door closed, how are you supposed to hear it?

-gregma

Staff member once told us, when they really want you to hear an announcement they make sure you hear it.  Did not go into the details how and why.  But assume  when it is an emergency you will hear it.

12 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Staff member once told us, when they really want you to hear an announcement they make sure you hear it.  Did not go into the details how and why.  But assume  when it is an emergency you will hear it.

It's true....we've been awakened to the captain talking to us very loudly in our bedroom......I forgot the issue but for emergencies, you will hear it loudly and clearly in the stateroom.

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

It's true....we've been awakened to the captain talking to us very loudly in our bedroom......I forgot the issue but for emergencies, you will hear it loudly and clearly in the stateroom.

I can understand in the stateroom, but I'm thinking in the balcony with the stateroom door closed? 

-gregma