Bliss Panama Canal Trip Review 2/25/23 - 3/12-23

luckybecky

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Thank you so much for all this information.  We are starting in LA and going to Miami in December so seeing that there is a Walmart in PV makes me know I don't have to bring stuff with us because my DH has to have chocolate.  I do salty so will bringing ziploc bags for sure.

Jotted down notes through your whole thread.  We are on 15 near Observation Lounge so happy to hear there is a bar in there and food.  I hate Chogs-so ridiculous.  Did Spice H20 seem crowded?  I do like there is an adult pool but don't think we should have many children but you never know.

This review was so helpful!

Thank you! I'm glad you found some useful information. You'll have a great time! 🙂

Since you like salty snacks (as do I), ask for the bar snack mix. NCL is the only line we've cruised on so far that has something like this, if I'm remembering correctly. They don't always offer it, but will give you some if you ask. It's pretty good. Sometimes I would take some back to our cabin for a midnight snack. 

2 hours ago, Panhandle Couple said:

See my review from Dec 2023 for another viewpoint.

Since this will be your first NCL cruise, just a few things to point out.

NCL typically does not hand out individual water.  Experienced NCL'ers will bring their own metal container to carry water around.  

Agreed. We always take a refillable bottle with us wherever we go. I don't like the plastic waste either, so we do this on land or sea. I included that info for people who may not know that bottled water isn't included so they can come prepared with a refillable bottle. This is especially good to know when getting off the ship. Yes, you can get a glass of water anytime, but that's kind of awkward to put in your beach bag. 😆

NCL earlier this year changed American Grill from a pay option to a free option. {lots of applause}.  I have never eaten there, but will on my next cruise now that it is free.

That's great to know! I wasn't aware since the NCL cruise we just completed recently didn't have American Grill.

The OP missed that The Local/O'Sheehans is also a free venue, open 24 hrs.  Small menu of mainly munchies, but a good quick breakfast option.  Having 3 MDR with the same menu is std on NCL large ships.  Again, don't know why the OP complained about that.

Not a complaint at all! Just pointing out that although there are different MDR locations, they all serve the same thing, since first time cruisers may not be aware of that.

Also thank you for pointing out that The Local is complimentary, I forgot about that. It was really popular on our last cruise. Always busy. I don't think there was an O'Sheehans on the Bliss. Could be wrong about that. 

Thanks for the comments and corrections. I appreciate the feedback. 🙂

Edited by luckybecky
  • Thanks 1