canopy tour group reservation-- ????

indygirl2

I booked with Los Vernos and I got an email response today that said since I had a large group (10) I would need to pay 1/2 the tour fee in advance by wire transfer.

I know everyone loves this tour but I am a little hesitant to wire money ahead of time.

Any thoughts?

I would not suggest paying by wire-transfer in advance. I had six in my party for the canopy tour in Cabo and they did not require advance payment. I believe the company I used has other locations. However, I do not believe this is one of them.

Another excursion had asked for a credit card to hold our space. I checked on the company and then placed a deposit on my credit card. Using a credit card gives you an option to dispute the charge if something happens. In addition, you have proof of payment.

If you make a wire transfer and no one shows up to get you then your money is lost.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the input.

Rowse-- I don't know why I didn't think of that! (Probably my current head cold) I will just have a couple other people in the group join me in making reservations of 3-4 people.

Thanks again-- I have everyone so excited about this excursion it would have been a shame to miss it b/c I was scared to wire $!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that several ports offer the Canopy Zip Line tours - is one better than the other. I think we would not book on the ship, but rather from tour company directly... thinking this might give us alittle more personalized attention..... Which tour is better? Acapulco Zip Line, Cabo? Puerto Vallarta.... Would appreciate your input....

Thanks so much!

43728976.gif

Without having seen the zip lines in Cabo or Acapulco, but having gone on the Canopy Tours in Puerto Vallarta, it would be hard to imagine the canopy tours being better in Cabo or Acapulco than they are in Vallarta.

Vallarta has the mountains which creates great valleys to zip line over covered in tropical rain forest. Cabo is flat desert - I can't imagine that would provide the same terrain (up to 540 feet off the ground for the PV Zip Lines) or scenery as in PV.

People have been raving about the PV Canopy Tours - haven't heard any comments at all about the ones in the other towns - might be a reason...

In a couple of months, we expect to do the Cabo Zip Line - I will report back.

I booked with los veranos, and it was nice. It was not as exciting or adventurous as it looks on TV, but the scenary is beautiful. You zip over a lush beautiful jungle setting, and at the end, you zip over a little river.

We did not pay with our CC when we were there, we paid with cash for safety reason and there was also a cash discount.

Archived