Check-in question.

Mario P

There is an advantage.

Check-in times are assigned when you complete the form. If you don't check in you may get a 2:30 pm time. 

That's not to say that you can't arrive to the port earlier than your check-in time but someone, somewhere will comment on it. Just sayin' - it's one of those things that some people like to comment on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

That's not to say that you can't arrive to the port earlier than your check-in time but someone, somewhere will comment on it. Just sayin' - it's one of those things that some people like to comment on. 

It's not that..... they have so many, say 11:30 times.  If a bunch of people ignore their check in time and show up at 11:30, that is not fair to the people that have that time slot.  It's just rude, that's all.  And if people are OK with it.. fine.  Fits in well with the "all about me" society we have

42 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

It's not that..... they have so many, say 11:30 times.  If a bunch of people ignore their check in time and show up at 11:30, that is not fair to the people that have that time slot.  It's just rude, that's all.  And if people are OK with it.. fine.  Fits in well with the "all about me" society we have

My comment wasn't intended to encourage someone to flaunt the 'rules' but to mention to someone who is new to Cruise Critic that there might be blowback from commenters and they shouldn't let it get under their skin. 

When we cruise we DO arrive close to the time we have 'booked' per the 'guidelines' and have noticed there are nowhere near the lines that there were before the mostly automated check-in. For our last cruise, there were maybe 7 people waiting to check in at precisely 12:00 noon.  It's not like in 2007 when we might wait in line outside for half an hour and another 45 minutes inside FLL. Improved efficiencies enhance the experience for everyone - whether you arrive early, late, or on time. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

My comment wasn't intended to encourage someone to flaunt the 'rules' but to mention to someone who is new to Cruise Critic that there might be blowback from commenters and they shouldn't let it get under their skin. 

When we cruise we DO arrive close to the time we have 'booked' per the 'guidelines' and have noticed there are nowhere near the lines that there were before the mostly automated check-in. For our last cruise, there were maybe 7 people waiting to check in at precisely 12:00 noon.  It's not like in 2007 when we might wait in line outside for half an hour and another 45 minutes inside FLL. Improved efficiencies enhance the experience for everyone - whether you arrive early, late, or on time. 

Remember those days.  Wall to wall people.  Even being Elite had no bearing.     I think suites were the only ones spared the wait. 

• Like 1