One more week!

mike91911

Ok so it's one more week till our cruise on the Spirit. If all goes well I'll be doing a "live from the Spirit" daily blog. Start sending me your questions now and I'll do what I can to answer them when I get onboard. I can't make any promises about answers but I'll do my best. We are staying in an inside cabin on deck 5 and my sister will be on an outside cabin on the same deck so I figure I can answer questions about those types of cabins. Still not sure what specialty restaurants, if any we will be dining at. We are pretty easy to please food wise. I've lost nearly 30lbs in the past 6 weeks, it's going to be a challenge not to gain much back. I probably won't leave any public area unsearched, I love to explore.

As of right now, my step son still has no idea he's going with us. He'll celebrate his 9th birthday on the ship. My 2 year old can't wait to see the dragon. I've shown him pictures and he tells everyone he's going to see the "cute dragon, it's not a scary dragon".

Work will bring me to NYC once again today with a 3 hour layover. I'll walk down to the pier to see the ship. I need my fix! :) At least the bridge cam (which has shown the same picture since last Sunday) will show the Spirit in the right place.

These boards have been so helpful for this cruise and in the past so I'd like to give back what I can.

Mike

Great of you to take a few questions. We are going in June. Here they are.

1. Are they offering a special picture package for the all pix taken in the week? I have read conflicting info about this. Some ships had been offering $199; some you need to "negotiate" on the last day.

2. Any semi-private public rooms? Last year on the Dawn while on a CC tour, we learned of a nice public room with a great view off on of the bars.

We are taking our kids (4 and 6 year old); any thoughts or hints about the kids program would also be appreciated.

Have fun. We will look for your notes.

Thanks

Cruising on the Spirit 3/26/06. Just wanted to find out the exact day of the week the Murder Mystery is held. I do know sign up is Sunday night, a co/worker just came back and bought some of the dailies to work. It didn't state which day it would be held. Someone else posted that on her cruise it was held on Thursday. Since you are going the week before just maybe it will be held on the same day for our cruise. We are planning to make reservations one night at LeBistro and we do not want to make it the day of them Murder Mystery dinner. People who have done the Murder Mystery say its lots of fun, just thought we would try it. Thanks and have a great time:cool: Lynn

Mike, I'm looking forward to meeting you. It looks as though we'll be neighbors since we're on deck 5 as well. Hang in there, it won't be long now. I am finally starting to pack. Trying to pack light. Take care and we'll see you on board.

30 POUNDS IN 6 WEEKS...PLEASE TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!! I'm getting desperate. I need to lose 25 by June 3rd!!

It was no miracle diet. I joined weight watchers and I walk alot. I've finally learned there is no easy way to do it. If you are interested though, I highly reccomend the program.

I'll be making a list of all your questions and do what I can to answer them. Unfortunately it's not looking like I'll get to NYC tomorrow to see the ship. I'll have to settle for waiting. Too bad, the weather in NYC was beautiful today. Ended up being a 12 1/2 hour day today, I could have used the get away. See you guys soon.

Mike

It's probably a good thing that you can't see the Spirit today. This way you'll be totally wowed next week. I am sailing the week after you so please be kind to the furnishings, crew, etc.

I can't wait, either. This is my second sailing with her. I finally scanned all of my pictures from last summer's Carnival cruise last night and was about to begin last spring's Spirit pictures when I realized I have about ten. That's it. This time I will take ten ROLLS and I will post them all.

FYI. Just a word of advice/caution. I gained a significant amount of weight on last year's cruise and parlayed that into a month long "who cares? I'm on vacation... still... in a way..." eating binge. By the time August rolled around, and my next cruise, I couldn't fit into any of my previous cruise clothes. I then proceeded to eat for seven days straight like you read about. My GOD, that's all I did. I had one day with breakfast, then another breakfast with another kid, then lunch, then burgers by the pool, then High Tea, then sushi, then dinner, then dessert another three times. That was the worst day of eating I have ever had. Well, here it is, four Atkins and WW starts later, Perricone Promise broken, holidays, yadda yadda, and I am going on ANOTHER cruise?

When I get back: WW.

Okay, on that note....

Here is my review of the last Spirit cruise: http://www.cruisereviews.com/NorwegianCruiseLine/NorwegianSpirit14.htm

LOL Mike you really are excited. :) Disregard all the emoticons, its :eek: the only way DD will let me type is if I put all these happy faces in the post. :p :cool: My kids are looking forward to meeting your kids at the kids club.:D

Mike, I'm looking forward to meeting you. It looks as though we'll be neighbors since we're on deck 5 as well. Hang in there, it won't be long now. I am finally starting to pack. Trying to pack light. Take care and we'll see you on board.

How about that, we're on deck five also, inside.

Small world.:) See you next week!!!!!!!

Archived